Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Origin of the name "Highland"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is reference to “highland” in the electronic parts catalog.

Can't find it.
Screenshot_20240201_235530_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: Skavatar
Tesla is referring to it as 3H, what the H stands for is up to you to interpret.
Tesla employees at the launch event in Norway also used the name Highland, but I don't know if that is because of everyone at the event called it that so they ran with it.

Same as the name Juniper is used on the internet for the Y refresh that everyone are waiting for.

Tesla is referring to it as 3H, what the H stands for is up to you to interpret.
Tesla employees at the launch event in Norway also used the name Highland, but I don't know if that is because of everyone at the event called it that so they ran with it.

Same as the name Juniper is used on the internet for the Y refresh that everyone are waiting for.
OK
Show that to me on the website

• Disagree
Reactions: Skavatar
People use code names and other codes to maintain confidentiality, hence the word code. From Quora (among many a google search for why do companies use product code names):
Tech companies often use code names for their devices during development for a few reasons:
  1. Secrecy: Using code names helps to maintain secrecy and prevent leaks about upcoming products. It allows companies to keep their plans confidential until they are ready to make an official announcement.
  2. Organization: Code names help to keep track of different projects and prototypes within the company. It can be easier to refer to a project by a code name rather than a complex product name, especially when multiple projects are in development simultaneously.
  3. Trademark Issues: Sometimes, companies use code names to avoid potential trademark issues. They can develop and test products under a code name without revealing the final product name until it's ready for release.
Overall, code names provide a level of confidentiality and organization during the development phase of a product.