Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OT posts from Q3 collection and delivery experiences [closing soon]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m on the same update as you mate, picked my car up on Saturday. I believe you can’t force it. Just a waiting game, updates get pushed out in batches instead of all at once
Correct. Collected my car 20 days ago and still on 2021.3.105. I believe they leave it on the factory build for a few weeks to avoid you experiencing issues and to make it easier for them to solve software issues if they need to.

The people you talk at the insurance company only know what they see on the screen in front of them, there is no option for PPF, because it is not necessary to declare it, hence why they told you they couldn’t cover it. PPF will absolutely definitely not ever affect the ability to make an insurance claim.
But it would affect the price of repair if there was an expectation that it would be returned to you, as is?

But it would affect the price of repair if there was an expectation that it would be returned to you, as is?
It would be repaired back to original spec, then you’d just need to get the PPF re-done on that panel. I can’t see that being an issue, considering the extremely low chance of having an accident, but if it matters to you ETTO of course.

It would be repaired back to original spec, then you’d just need to get the PPF re-done on that panel. I can’t see that being an issue, considering the extremely low chance of having an accident, but if it matters to you ETTO of course.
You'd think insurance companies would have it as an option given the increasing popularity.

Can anyone recommend any wipes or cleaning products for the interior? Not so much the seats but the trims on the sides and dash etc?
I've been using this on the interior for a few months and really happy with it:

It's suitable for pleather, plastics and alcantara so you can clean everything on the interior except for the glass with one product.

Edit: Apparently it's also suitable for glass - not tried it on the windows yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: mosraza
I've been using this on the interior for a few months and really happy with it:

It's suitable for pleather, plastics and alcantara so you can clean everything on the interior except for the glass with one product.

Edit: Apparently it's also suitable for glass - not tried it on the windows yet.
Thanks mate! Do you just use a micro fibre cloth with it?

Thanks mate! Do you just use a micro fibre cloth with it?
Yes, just a clean microfibre.

If you're planning to get a few different supplies in you might want to use a dedicated supplier of detailing products. These guys are great:

The interior detailer is £11 from them for the same size but IIRC there's a minimum spend to get delivery included.

Good thread here if you find that you're suddenly interested in extreme car cleaning:

Reactions: mosraza
I use Autoglym Rubber and Vinyl for dashboard, doors and plastic trim to the seats, door sills and foot wells. Currently £9 but have seen it for as low as £5.50. It cleans and protects.
I have a bottle of that but found it left a tacky residue. Maybe I over applied it though.

In regards to the Autoglym, a couple of sprays into a microfibres cloth is all you need for each door and the dashboard. Turn the towel over to buff off for a matt look.
Autoglym is British. I think it’s manufactured here too but you know, probably pales in comparison when our cars are shipped from the US or China.

In regards to the Autoglym, a couple of sprays into a microfibres cloth is all you need for each door and the dashboard. Turn the towel over to buff off for a matt look.
Autoglym is British. I think it’s manufactured here too but you know, probably pales in comparison when our cars are shipped from the US or China.
Gtechniq & Dodo juice are also british. Autoglym just hasn’t changed their products since the 90’s, and like most things, the game has moved on since then.

I collected my car yesterday everything perfect. I got home and plugged in to my wall socket which is only live between 00:00 and 5:00 - this morning the charge level is 2% lower than when I got home.
what do I have to set in the car to get it to charge when the wall box goes live?
I tried schedule finish at 5:00 but no extra charge this morning.
my wife’s leaf is easy just plug in and next day it has charged overnight.

Reactions: moodel_tree