Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A simple dash cam solution with a Garmin 55. Excellent video quality with essential features for a reasonable price. Only took me 15 minutes to run the wire to the 12V.

04663352-58BA-4716-8E3C-E583EE0B51CB.jpeg

Trying to determine if I should get a full wrap and for Ottawa if it is worth the cost. Will it handle our winters with the filth and salt. Has anyone tried Goldwing? If Derand is booked until July that is not an option. For Luxus, any costs for a full xpel wrap?

Reactions: Liquidmetal101
What needs to be fixed? I might have the same thing.
Hi MeatGuy, here's a list of my issues:

- tires alignement are off to the left
- passenger back seat door has a gap between glass and door seal
- random lost of LTE connection
- back doors seal have not been glued in properly
- right steering stoke cover is not glued in properly

Anyone has any issue with their car?

These issues are very minor and I still love my car, just want to get these fixed beas I paid a good amount of my savings :)

So, my great "honeymoon" period with my Model 3 ended abruptly today. I was driving uneventfully down the road when the car suddenly started flashing what seemed like every warning imaginable:

- Car needs service (steering assist reduced)
- Traction control disabled
- Passenger airbag disabled
- Automatic emergency braking disabled
- Regen braking disabled

So I had no regen braking (odd feeling of no resistance) and what felt like zero steering assist. But the most concerning thing was as soon as I touched the brake, it pulsed rapidly and loudly as if ABS were engaging, but I was barely braking or even when stopped it was doing this. As the car slowed down, I could feel the brakes very roughly pulsing on and off and the car was jerking as I slowed. Luckily I was not far from home, and was able to limp back. I called Tesla roadside assistance and they have scheduled the car to be picked up tomorrow and sent to Tesla Montreal for service Monday morning.

I checked again a few hours later and the warnings had gone. But, at this point I don't think I want to risk driving until Tesla has looked at it. Hoping this gets resolved quickly. I was not expecting a test of Tesla service this early in ownership. But I will post updates here of the experience and how it goes.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1Step2NoGas
So, my great "honeymoon" period with my Model 3 ended abruptly today. I was driving uneventfully down the road when the car suddenly started flashing what seemed like every warning imaginable:

- Car needs service (steering assist reduced)
- Traction control disabled
- Passenger airbag disabled
- Automatic emergency braking disabled
- Regen braking disabled

So I had no regen braking (odd feeling of no resistance) and what felt like zero steering assist. But the most concerning thing was as soon as I touched the brake, it pulsed rapidly and loudly as if ABS were engaging, but I was barely braking or even when stopped it was doing this. As the car slowed down, I could feel the brakes very roughly pulsing on and off and the car was jerking as I slowed. Luckily I was not far from home, and was able to limp back. I called Tesla roadside assistance and they have scheduled the car to be picked up tomorrow and sent to Tesla Montreal for service Monday morning.

I checked again a few hours later and the warnings had gone. But, at this point I don't think I want to risk driving until Tesla has looked at it. Hoping this gets resolved quickly. I was not expecting a test of Tesla service this early in ownership. But I will post updates here of the experience and how it goes.

FWIW, I had a similar issue in my MS a while back. It turned out to be a loose ground which was very easy and quick for Tesla to fix but still very scary all the warnings and problems that were caused by it.

Good luck with your repair.

• Informative
Reactions: AaronYOW
Interesting couple of days for me:

- ESA came and approved my 100A install with charge controller (first he’d seen). Yay.

- Flew down and picked up my M3 and drove back to Ottawa today. Great fun and loving the car.

- Tonight at home we had the A/C and electric dryer on when I plugged in the car. Minutes later the charge controller killed the power to the charger so I guess I hit my service capacity? I suppose it’s better than whatever the results of an overload would be?
I had to go grab the controller docs and found out that it resets after 15 minutes, which it did once we turned off the dryer, although the car didn’t resume charging once the charger was re-powered - I had to unplug and replug the car, which is a pain if it trips at night. Now at least I know I need to manage it. Hmmm.

Hey Richyrich, how long did you wait after the power was back ON (after 15mins) to see if the Tesla would start charging over again? Usually Tesla’s wait a few minutes after the power is back ON to the connector (blue light on the charge port) before turning back green and start charging again automatically without any intervention needed. Could you confirm?

Thanks,

David.

Hey David. I don't recall exactly. I think the car was showing some kind of charging interruption or fault message even though the charger was back on so I just unplugged it and replugged it. It didn't look like it was going to continue on it's own as far as I recall but maybe it would have done eventually?

I'm not too worried about it as it was a bit of a freak occurrence for our house - we don't run the AC much and I think it was the first warm night so we didn't realize it was on. Last night the AC was on while the car charged so it's just the dryer that tipped us over the edge I guess. I don't think we'll run into the same situation often.

Interesting couple of days for me:

- ESA came and approved my 100A install with charge controller (first he’d seen). Yay.

- Flew down and picked up my M3 and drove back to Ottawa today. Great fun and loving the car.

- Tonight at home we had the A/C and electric dryer on when I plugged in the car. Minutes later the charge controller killed the power to the charger so I guess I hit my service capacity? I suppose it’s better than whatever the results of an overload would be?
I had to go grab the controller docs and found out that it resets after 15 minutes, which it did once we turned off the dryer, although the car didn’t resume charging once the charger was re-powered - I had to unplug and replug the car, which is a pain if it trips at night. Now at least I know I need to manage it. Hmmm.
Why a 100A install for a Model 3? Model 3 can only do 48A max. or I'm missing something...