Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing it's costing them more to install the one-piece. I don't think you will notice that separation line between the two pieces. You could try Goldwing Auto which installs it in one piece but they are much pricier. Have you called any other places?

I called few places in Ottawa and finally decided to do my windows tinting with Inception Auto Detailing in Toronto since I will be there for other reasons.

Here are a few places I have called for quotes to tint the side windows and rear windshield:

Derand
- xpel 2 piece back: 300$
- xpel ceramic 2 piece: 450$

APWindows film
- llumar ctx one piece ceramic: 550$

Goldwing
- one piece xpel ceramic 35%:" 599$

Elegance auto spa
- suntek 2 piece: 220$
- suntek 2 piece ceramic: 350$

Inception Auto Detailing (Toronto)
- xpel ceramic 35%, one piece: 399$

Reactions: Liquidmetal101
Just had a terrific HPWC installation process!

Big thumbs up to: Power It Up Electric (contact) for a great price and being very professional. I get my car in 2 days, but it seems to be 100% and very tidy (they will be arranging city inspection).

First, the chronology:
  1. June 12: Joey of Power It Up! Electric came on site and gave a me a quote of $750 to install a 24' HPWC including permit, site inspection, and all hardware not provided by Tesla. I also had Dave Watson quote (another Tesla recommended installer), and I liked him, but the quote was $1,581 - more than twice as much.
  2. Sept. 7: Received delivery date of Sept. 22 (only 15 days before delivery!)
  3. Sept. 10: Booked Power It Up Electric to come today, Sept. 19 (currently they need about 10 days lead time)
  4. Sept. 19: Joey of Power It Up! Electric did the install himself. The building manager asked that the cable go under the 150-year-old house, so the installation included being on his back in a 24" crawl space! (pictured). Installation took about 3 hours.
  5. Ready to go! Pick up car in two days!!
Joey is very friendly and experienced. Besides installing solar roof panels and other electrical jobs, he's installing Tesla wall chargers for over 2 years. The wonderful green glow is ON.
:D

under the house.jpg

Tough crawl space! Joey could have cheated and ran the cable to an easier spot in the crawlspace, and running cable along outside the house, but he said "yeah, but I wanted it to look clean and simple outside - thanks Joey.

joey at HPWC.jpg

Joey installing the charger.

panel.jpg

50 AMPS out of my 200 AMP panel

20180919_214623.jpg

She glows!

Hi Liquid, you are one of the lucky few that got the tint for the rear windshield done in one piece. I talked to Derand, they will only do 2 pieces going forward.
Hey, after further inspection looks like Derand did use 2 pieces on my rear window. They told me they would use one piece. I was in the back seat cleaning yesterday and noticed the line but you cannot notice it unless you’re right up in front of it.

I called few places in Ottawa and finally decided to do my windows tinting with Inception Auto Detailing in Toronto since I will be there for other reasons.

Here are a few places I have called for quotes to tint the side windows and rear windshield:

Derand
- xpel 2 piece back: 300$
- xpel ceramic 2 piece: 450$

APWindows film
- llumar ctx one piece ceramic: 550$

Goldwing
- one piece xpel ceramic 35%:" 599$

Elegance auto spa
- suntek 2 piece: 220$
- suntek 2 piece ceramic: 350$

Inception Auto Detailing (Toronto)
- xpel ceramic 35%, one piece: 399$
I went with Derand because of price/location/product. They have also done work on a number of Model 3s. My second choice would’ve been GoldWing eventhough they are a little pricier. Elegance was impossible to get ahold of. I finally got ahold of them and was told they’d call me back. They never did. I just moved back from Toronto. Hey have tons of places out there at really good prices so if you’re down there you’d have a lot of places to choose from.

Booked my Winter Tire install for end of October with Costco(Gloucester), they said they can lift Teslas. Anyone have experience with them changing tires on your Tesla?

Did you ask them any more than that? I am sure anyone can lift a Tesla, it's whether they do it right and don't damage the underside/battery. I believe lifting a 3 is also different from lifting an S or an X.

I'm going to check out CostCo but I'll be making sure they actually know how to lift a Tesla Model 3, I'll probably even print the relevant bit of the manual.

Did you ask them any more than that? I am sure anyone can lift a Tesla, it's whether they do it right and don't damage the underside/battery. I believe lifting a 3 is also different from lifting an S or an X.

I'm going to check out CostCo but I'll be making sure they actually know how to lift a Tesla Model 3, I'll probably even print the relevant bit of the manual.
Asked them again yesterday, they said they could but it didn't seem like they were quite sure which probably means they wont be able to, Ill have to go with KalTire or Ottawa Tires/Rims.

Asked them again yesterday, they said they could but it didn't seem like they were quite sure which probably means they wont be able to, Ill have to go with KalTire or Ottawa Tires/Rims.

I bought a Set of 4 Tesla Model 3 chassis specific jack pad tools from reverse logic in US. That will ensure that wherever I go the car will be lifted in the safest way.

Where is everyone getting their winter tires? (with specs) I read a few forums and most of them are in the GTA.
Few options:
1) drive to montreal and get the tires/wheels (swap) at dealer
2) go to GTA and get the deal
Best Deal I have found for winter tires
3) go-tire seems to do ottawa...? Go tire packages
4) costco. i talked to a guy there and by the sounds of it, he highly recommends run-flat tires. opposes non-run-flats because of no spare. opinions?

Thanks in Advance!

There’s a few group buys taking place in the Tesla Ottawa group on Facebook. I’m getting the Nokian R3s, Replika R187, and Tesla TPMS (same as above poster) from Ottawa Tires and Rims. I believe they ran out of these a few weeks ago but Goldwing may still have some.