Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I noticed two deep scratches on my M3, one near charge port and a long line on the back of the trunk. Has any of you been at Donnelly Collision Center for your Tesla paint job? Do you recommend them? I used Auto Bugatti in Montreal for another incident and very happy with their quality of work. Please advise. Thank you.
On an earlier post on this thread Jan 29 from @Anto he states "There is also now an authorized body shop in Ottawa, Donnelly Fleet Repair & Collision Centre near South Keys. They've gotten full approval except for the chassis repair, they're working on that certification as it is." You may want to call Tesla and check it out, it could be the web site is not up-to-date.

On an earlier post on this thread Jan 29 from @Anto he states "There is also now an authorized body shop in Ottawa, Donnelly Fleet Repair & Collision Centre near South Keys. They've gotten full approval except for the chassis repair, they're working on that certification as it is." You may want to call Tesla and check it out, it could be the web site is not up-to-date.
Thank you tombar,
but I asked if anybody has dealt with them for Tesla related paint job.

I have to have my rear glass replaced (cracked). I set up an appointment for Montreal, but asked about local service as I'd been referred to Donelly in the past.

I got a text from a new number (not Patrick's) that said:

"Great news!! This repair can be done at our Ottawa Service Centre location. No need for you to drive to Montreal!! The Ottawa team will reach out to you shortly to schedule an appointment".
  • The number was (778) 400-3218. Has anybody else heard from this number? I asked if this was a new number for Patrick, but didn't get a reply.
  • "Ottawa Service Centre": is that how they refer to Donelly? Or is this some news about an official, Tesla-branded service centre in Ottawa?
Thanks.

I have to have my rear glass replaced (cracked). I set up an appointment for Montreal, but asked about local service as I'd been referred to Donelly in the past.

"Great news!! This repair can be done at our Ottawa Service Centre location. No need for you to drive to Montreal!! The Ottawa team will reach out to you shortly to schedule an appointment".
  • The number was (778) 400-3218. Has anybody else heard from this number? I asked if this was a new number for Patrick, but didn't get a reply.
  • "Ottawa Service Centre": is that how they refer to Donelly? Or is this some news about an official, Tesla-branded service centre in Ottawa?
Thanks.

Tesla have rented space at the old Dow Honda location, and can do most repairs their now. It's not a 'drop in' (staffed) service center with signs, but it is official. they now have 3 people working the Ottawa/Gatineau area (Patrick, Kevin, ?? Forgotten his name but met him). And Kevin also said they were looking for a fourth.

When I talked to Kevin last, he said they'd be able to do almost anything required here in Ottawa without having to go to Montreal. They were still waiting for some equipment to arrive a month or so ago, but they should be mostly up and running there now.

I don't recognize the number though. Doesn't match Kevin's normal cell number either.

Reactions: jkirkwood001

Thanks.
For glass work, I also had Tesla use Apple Auto Glass (on Carling I think), and they did a good job, and Kevin came and paid for it (i.e. Tesla paid).

Thanks for the reply.

You had an option? Was this warranty work? Why didn't they use Donelly? Just curious.

No choice for me (sorry that wasn't clear). They choose Apple Auto Glass. It was warranty work, a little different than a replacement, but only slightly.

One of the roof rack clips (1st gen grey clips, later replaced with 2nd gen black clips) broke off under the glass roof and we couldn't get it out. They had to lift the glass panel, remove the clip, and put it back together. (Model 3)

There was no mention of Donnelly to me; Kevin organized it all. Said the place had done good work for him before (possibly in a different job), and they were good. Kevin was also asking them for a quote for another car (Tesla) while I was there as well.

They did a good job, no complaints. Also got to borrow a vehicle while mine was there (not a Tesla, provided by glass shop, forgot how to start a classic ice car for a few seconds...why doesn't it go, oh you have to start it using the key ...). So that helped me out.

• Funny
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
For glass work, I also had Tesla use Apple Auto Glass (on Carling I think), and they did a good job, and Kevin came and paid for it (i.e. Tesla paid).
I was in for service last week (warranty control arm replacement & alignment) at the new Service Center. It's pretty bare/basic and they're still setting up (doing electrical, etc.). Kevin did say that they'll be doing glass there and they had a bunch of replacement glass on a pallet already. He said that they're still on track to open in October. It'll be just a service and customer delivery center for now.