Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our biggest fear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This looks like the "Golden Ray" (found it by just searching for news from the past week that mentions "ship"):
4 missing as cargo ship capsizes, catches fire off Georgia coast
The Latest: Coast Guard contacts 4 crew trapped inside ship
US Coastguard hunt for crew of capsized cargo ship

Apparently it was carrying over 4,000 cars and heading for Baltimore.

Even if not carrying Teslas, pretty sad that there are crew missing and also that's a lot of vehicles in any case to end up being scrapped, particularly if they are new ones...

This looks like the "Golden Ray" (found it by just searching for news from the past week that mentions "ship"):
4 missing as cargo ship capsizes, catches fire off Georgia coast
The Latest: Coast Guard contacts 4 crew trapped inside ship
US Coastguard hunt for crew of capsized cargo ship

Apparently it was carrying over 4,000 cars and heading for Baltimore.

Even if not carrying Teslas, pretty sad that there are crew missing and also that's a lot of vehicles in any case to end up being scrapped, particularly if they are new ones...

OK I was joking the other day I saw a pic of a ship in distress I posted as I know we are all following the ships. Then today I saw this news artical
Four crew members missing after cargo ship capsizes

And low and behold its the same ship

Thoughts and feelings to the brave sailors and those still missing g people

Hopefully our cars arnt on there but is there a thing we can make like a go find me nethertheless?

Reactions: drewpost
Think my biggest fear is a power cut lasting weeks like back in the great storm :(

We had 3 days without power during that Christmas.

But It stops everyone. The petrol stations can’t pump without electricity. Also look at Florida where Superchargers became free while gas stations ran out as everyone evacuated. Having said that some solar panels and a couple of Tesla power packs would keep the wheels rolling nicely.

Grounded ship 'unstable' from departure

This makes interesting reading (similar incident in Southampton 2015)...

The report said: "Cargo distribution was such that the upper vehicle decks were full while the lower vehicle decks were lightly loaded.

"The ship's inadequate stability had not been identified as no accurate stability calculation had been carried out before the ship sailed."

It also said no stability estimation had been completed after all the cargo had been loaded, which had "become the norm" in the car carrier sector in general.

Reactions: phillcom3