Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC lineup in Vaughan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I agree. It takes an awfully long time to get things going. I think Bracebridge was on the plan for at least 3 years before it finally was completed late last year. This is why the pre-fab units might help with the expansion. The other part of the equation is how Tesla is making decisions about expansion. Now that it's allowing owners to vote on locations - that might either be good or bad but it's unclear at the moment.
I don't know how much of a difference the pre-fab units will make. I think much of the issue is coming up with locations and getting coordinated with local power utilities. It is not unusual for a site to be finished and to set for 2-3 months until it gets turned on.

And other sites take many years to even find a location. Brockville has been an example of that as it has been on the map since around 2017.

I don't know how much of a difference the pre-fab units will make. I think much of the issue is coming up with locations and getting coordinated with local power utilities. It is not unusual for a site to be finished and to set for 2-3 months until it gets turned on.

And other sites take many years to even find a location. Brockville has been an example of that as it has been on the map since around 2017.
The way I see it, the pre-fabs might help as they might require less inspections. If the units are certified (I guess at the government level), then it might just be a matter of checking final connections. It might not be all that much time savings in the end, but that's the hope.

Hate to be the guy who says this (because it feels like I’m being an intolerant old man), but I never witnessed any rude behaviour until the new Models came around. I totally get their importance but I totally miss the “good old days” when you looked forward to chatting with people at the SC. Now, EV etiquette is getting worse and worse.

1676383635489.gif

Lol, I hear ya. During the early days of the S/X it was a niche crowd of mainly wealthier people who drove them.

But like with anything in life, once you hit mass adoption you’ll get the jerks as well.

Hate to be the guy who says this (because it feels like I’m being an intolerant old man), but I never witnessed any rude behaviour until the new Models came around. I totally get their importance but I totally miss the “good old days” when you looked forward to chatting with people at the SC. Now, EV etiquette is getting worse and worse.
How many times have you encountered a full supercharger before the new models arrived. If you lookup supercharger fights they did happen in California when only the S and X were around.

The main issue is we went from having maybe a thousand or so tesla's in the GTA around 2018, to now tens of thousands and we've only just barely doubled the amount of supercharges but increased the amount of car's ten or twenty fold. I'm sure if march break is cold we'll see the lines again.
View attachment 907035

Lol, I hear ya. During the early days of the S/X it was a niche crowd of mainly wealthier people who drove them.

But like with anything in life, once you hit mass adoption you’ll get the jerks as well.
The only incidents I've seen always involved and S/X trying to cut the line. Main issue is 10-20x the amount of cars, but only 2 x the amount of superchargers

View attachment 907035

The only person being a jerk when I last experienced it was someone driving an X (when we had a massive lineup at -22 )

It’s much easier to be nice when there’s nothing to stress about .

I think people show their true color under stress
* MUCH higher ratio of cars to charger
* Travel spike on long weekends or during severe weather

Wait till SCs open up to CCS cars

How many times have you encountered a full supercharger before the new models arrived. If you lookup supercharger fights they did happen in California when only the S and X were around.

The main issue is we went from having maybe a thousand or so tesla's in the GTA around 2018, to now tens of thousands and we've only just barely doubled the amount of supercharges but increased the amount of car's ten or twenty fold. I'm sure if march break is cold we'll see the lines again.

The only incidents I've seen always involved and S/X trying to cut the line. Main issue is 10-20x the amount of cars, but only 2 x the amount of superchargers
That’s not my point. It’s about with the masses adopting EVs, accountability has gone down. There was a time there were so few of us, we would run into each other at the SC, so there was a general community feel. In fact, we would often talk about getting iced but if you read one of my recent threads, EV etiquette isn’t very good right now, and that is amongst EV drivers, not ICE drivers.

I have NO doubt there are some awful S and X owners but that bolsters my statement, doesn’t detract from it.

I think the nature of EV ownership demands even more respect for one another compared to ICE drivers.

The only person being a jerk when I last experienced it was someone driving an X (when we had a massive lineup at -22 )

It’s much easier to be nice when there’s nothing to stress about .

I think people show their true color under stress
* MUCH higher ratio of cars to charger
* Travel spike on long weekends or during severe weather

Wait till SCs open up to CCS cars
I have a Model Y owner at my office constantly take 1 of 2 charging spots without even plugging in because it is a prime parking spot. Trust me when I tell you that he/she is not under any stress but doesn’t seem to get the concept of EV etiquette and EV courtesy.

I have a Model Y owner at my office constantly take 1 of 2 charging spots without even plugging in because it is a prime parking spot. Trust me when I tell you that he/she is not under any stress but doesn’t seem to get the concept of EV etiquette and EV courtesy.
I’m sure you’re right . I was addressing what seemed to be an implication that it was 3 and y owners mostly . Inconsiderate people aren’t limited to any particular vehicle and that’s why I pointed out my encounter but I’m sure at some other charger it’s an S and elsewhere a 3 and soon it’ll be a Bolt or BZ4X (charging at 30kw)

This will go away when chargers catch-up to sales. Imagine when there’s a SC stop every 20 miles or so. I know it’ll be a while , I can dream a bit 🙂

I just proposed a new SC in the Bradford area. It hopefully will be made public on the Tesla site for voting in the next quarter. We need to coordinate our votes as we only get 5. I would like to speak with the the Ontario Tesla Owners club to make that happen.