Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of town and i just got a notice.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At Lake Powell. Just got a notice that i have an update. Only had the car about a week and a half and been here a week. Not sure what to do with this. Can I update it from my phone some how or do i have to do it from my car? What do i expect? How drastic are the updates? Have a 90D refreshed.

At Lake Powell. Just got a notice that i have an update. Only had the car about a week and a half and been here a week. Not sure what to do with this. Can I update it from my phone some how or do i have to do it from my car? What do i expect? How drastic are the updates? Have a 90D refreshed.

Just keep touching "not now". It will offer you update every day until you go ahead and schedule the update after you return home to your wifi access.

Reactions: evp
Sorry. Meant that the car is at home in the garage connected to the wifi and i got the notice on my samsung phone. Is there a way that i can make it update while away?
I'm almost certain you have to have access to the touch screen to activate an update. I've received the notifications on my app before but never seen a way to start an update from the app. Probably for good reason as you wouldn't want your spouse or anyone else who might have access to your app or phone accidentally start an update (especially during an inconvenient time). When you get home just schedule the update to happen while you sleep.