Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Over 1 month with CPO, still no title

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All tesla would have to do is write an automatic emailer off of using Salesforce.com to alert customers to what stage the title work is at and at least have some communication of steps 1, 2, 3, etc. save frustration and non knowing anything of the black hole process.

My update (feels good to vent). Called Ohio sales, didn’t take them long maybe 5 minutes to update me that they are still awaiting title from leasing company (which is different than I was told 2 weeks ago in Chicago sales center Westmont that they received title and processing it in Ohio). So I politely asked for my 3rd 30 day temp permit as now its been 68 days since purchase and I’m guessing many more weeks (or months) until title.

My update (feels good to vent). Called Ohio sales, didn’t take them long maybe 5 minutes to update me that they are still awaiting title from leasing company (which is different than I was told 2 weeks ago in Chicago sales center Westmont that they received title and processing it in Ohio). So I politely asked for my 3rd 30 day temp permit as now its been 68 days since purchase and I’m guessing many more weeks (or months) until title.

So... have title delivered yesterday (YEA!) 82 days, BUT sadly the on front of title versus what was on the vehicle (and filled out on back side of the title does not match). Had to call delivery today and request a document stating this error or a new title corrected before my state DMV will accept the title.

My update now... I've had the car two months and no title.

Now Tesla is saying that they're sending me "two odometer disclosure documents that require your signature" that are necessary to get the title. This feels shady AF.

On the plus side, they did offer a rental car while we waited to get the car registered - which I declined because I didn't truly need it and thought it was more hassle than necessary at least in the short term, if it had gone longer without getting registered then I would have done the rental car. And Tesla did issue us a check to cover the late fee costs associated with our late registration. The car is now registered and I got plates so I'm street legal now.