Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overhead Cable Reel Install for the HPWC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not understand why one individual would take the time to post about being skeptical just for the sake of throwing out some shade. The unit was engineered to allow for all possible concerns mentioned by a company that specializes in this type of thing and mine works flawlessly as per my original post. If someone is truly interested in a similar unit and has questions/concerns, they should contact EVoCharge to discuss. That said, I have no idea whether or not they are currently, or are willing to, make a similar Tesla cable reel.

I do not understand why one individual would take the time to post about being skeptical just for the sake of throwing out some shade. The unit was engineered to allow for all possible concerns mentioned by a company that specializes in this type of thing and mine works flawlessly as per my original post. If someone is truly interested in a similar unit and has questions/concerns, they should contact EVoCharge to discuss. That said, I have no idea whether or not they are currently, or are willing to, make a similar Tesla cable reel.

Anyone know where to get one of the reels I tried reaching out to the author and the installer neither has responded and it seems this was several years ago.

By far the cleanest install I have seen so far.

I am skeptical because there must be brushes in there to allow the reel to rotate. These can't have the same ampacity and heat rating as the cable.
I do not think you understand the wire path properly. While I was not able to connect to the EVoReel User Manual (website timeout) I easily imagine the wire path goes through the center of a hollow reel axle and is fastened to the main reel axle body without interruption so as to prevent any wire stress due to aggressive pulling when in use. In other words there is no need for a brushless or other type of electrical connector. The connection from the charger to the vehicle is uninterrupted - as it should be.