Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overseas Model 3 unable to Navigate [car moved outside of country purchased]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I brought M3 LR to Thailand from UK.

M3 is amazing car I ever drive. Compare to my previous ICE , Merc BMW .
Love the sound system much better than Burmester .
The accelerate superb fun to drive .

I got a few problem ,
I can't use the Navigate on Map ,the arrow when select location is grey maybe cause the car outside the country purchased.
Any idea how to fix it ?
If I buy FSD with no Navigation the auto lane change would work or not ?

Also the eSim I've to use USB Wifi instead I'd like to put SIM card to the M3 I got HW3.0 when the SIM card slot locate ?
downside of USB wifi when select gear D wifi turn off I've to turn on wifi every time.

If you search the forums here you’ll find that this is a bad idea to relocate a Tesla to a different continent. You’re clearly experiencing the issues of doing this and while there might be some things you can try and do you’ll be in for a journey of pain imo. I’d suggest doing a search of the forums here to start. I’m doubtful you can replace the SIM and get it to function as there is no way in the gui to change the settings for the new SIM even if you find the location to replace it. And that is just the beginning.

Reactions: holmgang
As a test, have you tried tethering your mobile phone to the car and enabling wifi after putting the car in Drive? You’ll need to do this every time you switch from P to D as the car disables wifi when switching to D. But it’s worth a test to see if the connectivity helps at all.

As a test, have you tried tethering your mobile phone to the car and enabling wifi after putting the car in Drive? You’ll need to do this every time you switch from P to D as the car disables wifi when switching to D. But it’s worth a test to see if the connectivity helps at all.
yes I do but it's convenient to enable after drive all the time ,
Tesla might lock maps in my country set to private road that maybe why I can't navigate.

Hi All! ...wow...amazing that maps aren't available outside core markets. If you buy a car in California, and want to drive down to argentina, ...no maps!!!! If you cant to travel long, you cant! REALLY SAD.... Has anyone found a way to crack this?

Hi All! ...wow...amazing that maps aren't available outside core markets. If you buy a car in California, and want to drive down to argentina, ...no maps!!!! If you cant to travel long, you cant! REALLY SAD.... Has anyone found a way to crack this?
Been trying to get Tesla to do this for several years now. Even being with the military overseas, they won't enable nav for the new region. Just take my money, every other oem will gladly do this.