Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OVMS Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The app's info screen says 2.6.5/TR/V2, what version am I looking for?
The version number is the same whether you have the Tesla specific firmware or not. the /TR/ means you've configured it for the Roadster, not that the firmware is for the roadster. Unless you've downloaded the firmware and updated it with the PICKit2 yourself, you do not have the firmware necessary to support ACC functions. Believe me, I'm speaking from experience.

Instructions to update the firmware are available here: OVMS Firmware Update Guide

Is there a reason that my Open Vehicles app isn't showing up in my notifications on iOS 8? It sends notifications to my iPad running iOS 6, but for some reason my iPhone doesn't get them. I turned off SMS notifications because I was tired of getting texts every time it started and stopped charging (also because I just had a charging issue I had to bring the car in for, and it was texting several times an hour while they diagnosed the problem, heh). But, when I go into settings -> notifications, I don't see Open Vehicles in there anywhere. I don't know if I did something special to set up the app in iOS 6, or if maybe it just hasn't been updated for iOS 8, but does anyone know how to solve this?

Last edited:
Where in the documentation does it explain the Cooldown feature and ACC? I looked in the Roadster PDF and saw appendix B and C about what numbers they are but not what number to put there or what they do (I think you change it from a 0 to a 1 to enable but wanted to make sure). Is the ACC still all setup via text messages for each location or in app?

Where in the documentation does it explain the Cooldown feature and ACC? I looked in the Roadster PDF and saw appendix B and C about what numbers they are but not what number to put there or what they do (I think you change it from a 0 to a 1 to enable but wanted to make sure). Is the ACC still all setup via text messages for each location or in app?

ACC is setup via SMS text commands.

See page #32 of the roadster user guide for the available commands.

Also, see the post here (Open Vehicle Monitor System (OVMS) - Technical Discussion - Page 8) for some other info on how ACC works.

Just been informed by the factory that the latest batch of modules have been produced and are about to enter QC. We should get them on 3rd February, and they should be up on the fasttech store a few days after that. Hopefully by the end of next week.