Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh, went to a movie last night "We're The Millers" in our two day old Model S. Came out to the garage this morning and to my horror some "PERSON" ran a shopping cart into the front of our car. Bent the lip of the hood till it was touching the chrome bezel around the black oval. And of course scratched the oval too. Stuff happens! So, I resurrected my paintless dent removal skill and spent four hours on it this afternoon. It's at least tolerable now but there is one crease that just isn't going to come out. What a bummer. Anybody had to buy a new black oval yet? Pricey?

*** BIG TIP*** Stay away from all areas where shopping carts may be used. I parked way away from the cart storage area but it wasn't far enough. It was raining hard and I'm sure someone just ditched their cart because their poor hair was getting wet.

So, our baby is officially christened now!

I have a friend with a small construction company. They bought a new pickup, and he called a special meeting with all the employees in the parking lot. He went into a rant about taking care of the vehicles, then turned around and put a dent in the drivers door. Everyone gasped! He said" ok now nobody has to worry about the first dent" ! Too funny!!

Got our yesterday and jazzed to no end. Beautiful car, wonderful experience, and amazing addition to our family

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 2,402
Got mine 2 weeks ago (#15766)! According to a Tesla Employee that I met on the NorthShore, I got the first P85+ in Illinois. Not sure how true that is, I could have sworn I saw a Silver one fly by a few weeks ago. The car is absolutely amazing for every aforementioned reason! My color-remorse over the quasi-blue went away after exactly 1 day of owning it!

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,281
Got mine 2 weeks ago (#15766)! According to a Tesla Employee that I met on the NorthShore, I got the first P85+ in Illinois. Not sure how true that is, I could have sworn I saw a Silver one fly by a few weeks ago. The car is absolutely amazing for every aforementioned reason! My color-remorse over the quasi-blue went away after exactly 1 day of owning it!

Beautiful pic! Shows the blue off quite nicely.

I had a TMC member ask me for some interior shots of my black and tan, as they consider this versus black on black. So here you go...

View attachment 23548

View attachment 23549

View attachment 23550

View attachment 23551

View attachment 23552

View attachment 23553

View attachment 23554

Hope that helps

Thank you very much for pics ! I ordered my S85 five week ago, choosed black exterior / beige interior / obeche matte, and no regrets, it's absolutely perfect, the best color combination IMO !!!
Regards

Love the color, still my favorite after seeing all of them now (green with grey wheels in the Chicago SC was my last color to find). I've seen a few other P85+ on the North Shore, but much rarer for sure. I had three people say something to me on the way to dinner Sat night after parking in Glencoe. Still the hot new thing. Enjoy.

How can I get my cats-eye lights to move like this one does? So cool!
It's around minute 1:18 in the video.
The lights aren't "steady on", but rather pulsing. When recording with other devices, you see patterns like that. I have several videos capturing tail lights doing similar things. FYI.

In person/"live", you won't observe the pulsing unless your eyes are awesomely sensitive. (Or it gives you a seizure or something. :|)