Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats Ddruz! Awesome photos. Looks like another crappy day there in paradise... ;)

@Bterfly8te, what tint level do you have on your windows? Those windows look great. Plan on tinting mine as well. Here in OR, we can only legally have 35% though.
Thanks, I went with 20% - 3m Color Stable. Pretty sure it's not legal here either, at least for the front windows but I've never heard of anyone actually being stopped or ticketed for it (I think 28% is the legal limit for the front)

Wow the last month just flew by. It has been a month since I got my P85 and I have nothing but praise for the car. I've been too busy driving to post. :smile: A huge thanks to everyone on the forum and the few people I've PM'ed. I've been reading since I reserved in November 2012 but this is my first post.

Early this week, I finally got my got my HPWC installed and I'm no longer (painfully) charging at 120v. A big thanks to the guys at Yorkdale Tesla for letting me charge any time I was passing through while on limited range. While I've been very conservative in my driving for the last month, now that I have battery to spare, I feel like I have a new car again.

My car is a white P85 with a grey interior, tech, pano roof, twin chargers, grey 21" wheels, paint armour with full hood and doors. I was lucky enough to get my car at a time that I didn't have to get winters.

I thought I'd want the centre console but I've come to love the space.

The amount of attention the car gets is unreal. I know I've sold several people on Car 2.0 already and it will only get better with a better charging infrastructure. Thanks Elon (and everyone at Tesla) for building a car that is built from the ground up to be the best car - not just the best EV. The whole experience is a game-changer - walking to the car and driving off, the immediate power, the intuitive interface and just parking and leaving when you're done. Leaving home every morning with a full "tank" and never having to fill up on gas is priceless.

I feel that even if you just drive the car for a few days, it teaches you how to drive any car more efficiently. It's made me more green. It's even changed my job focus. I'm now shifting my focus from automation to efficient microgrid energy distribution within the home and business (DC LED lighting and wiring (Cat5), modems, routers, cell phone chargers all on DC only)

Every day, I appreciate the car and the company more. This will definitely change the world. Can't wait!

Time to get back to driving... :biggrin:

Nice job, @Btrflyl8e!

I didn't have any putty or duct tape either and chose to apply them straight onto the car without popping the caps off. With a steady hand and a pair of forceps, it was no sweat at all:

Center Cap Tesla T - Page 4

Everyone should get these! The vanilla wheels look relatively bland and anonymous; the logo really pops with this cheap, non-invasive mod (thanks again to Roger W for such a simple yet slick idea).

I chose to do the same and just apply without removing them, was very easy and they look great. Not sure if you'll be able to see them here but took this pic this evening.
20130511_190651.jpg

Nice job, @Btrflyl8e!

I didn't have any putty or duct tape either and chose to apply them straight onto the car without popping the caps off. With a steady hand and a pair of forceps, it was no sweat at all:

Center Cap Tesla T - Page 4

Everyone should get these! The vanilla wheels look relatively bland and anonymous; the logo really pops with this cheap, non-invasive mod (thanks again to Roger W for such a simple yet slick idea).

gg - thanks. Seems like a lot of people like the look of the stickers. Glad to help!

Red S.jpg

Red S logo.jpg

Just picked up mine yesterday at the factory and got the tour. After delivery, drove with my DS over to the Fremont service center so they could pull the nose cone so I could mount my FasTrak toll transponder there (used the license plate version, attached to the top of the black bumper rail). Also borrowed a screwdriver and pulled out the 2 rear license plate lights to swap the incandescent ones for 2 LED ones (...see other threads on this). Tire pressures off a bit (+/- 3 PSI). Note that they are not installing the defroster vent 'upgrade' in production (at least I did not get one), and, yes, no fog lights even with the Tech Package (..see other threads). Front and rear floor mats provided--OK, not fancy, and no clips or grommets. Did not have them install the front license plate frame (and all of the cars in the delivery area were 'frameless'. Did choose the black center cap T stickers (see other thread on this)--I like the look against the more open 19" wheels and the black Tesla caliper that peeks out.

Just picked up mine yesterday at the factory and got the tour. After delivery, drove with my DS over to the Fremont service center so they could pull the nose cone so I could mount my FasTrak toll transponder there (used the license plate version, attached to the top of the black bumper rail). Also borrowed a screwdriver and pulled out the 2 rear license plate lights to swap the incandescent ones for 2 LED ones (...see other threads on this). Tire pressures off a bit (+/- 3 PSI). Note that they are not installing the defroster vent 'upgrade' in production (at least I did not get one), and, yes, no fog lights even with the Tech Package (..see other threads). Front and rear floor mats provided--OK, not fancy, and no clips or grommets. Did not have them install the front license plate frame (and all of the cars in the delivery area were 'frameless'. Did choose the black center cap T stickers (see other thread on this)--I like the look against the more open 19" wheels and the black Tesla caliper that peeks out.
that looks amazing, congrats!

Awesome JPP, congrats!

Let me ask a question regarding license plate frame... can they provide you the license plate hardware without actually mounting it for you?

I declined the front plate as well, but wouldn't mind having the hardware in case I start getting hassled. Not sure if it's something I can just ask for at the SC when I pick up...

I'll go search for the LED license plate lights... but if you have pointers as to what you used that you're willing to share I'd be interested.

Thanks and enjoy!

Here is the thread with the specifics on the LED for the License...

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/12686-License-Plate-Bulb-replacement

Awesome JPP, congrats!

Let me ask a question regarding license plate frame... can they provide you the license plate hardware without actually mounting it for you?

I declined the front plate as well, but wouldn't mind having the hardware in case I start getting hassled. Not sure if it's something I can just ask for at the SC when I pick up...

I'll go search for the LED license plate lights... but if you have pointers as to what you used that you're willing to share I'd be interested.

Thanks and enjoy!

Yes! Just request that they include the mounting bracket and hardware but not mount it, I asked my DS to do this for the same reason.

Awesome JPP, congrats!

Thanks and enjoy!

Awesome JPP, congrats!

Thanks and enjoy!

Some point in the delivery questionnaire I checked a box to not have the holder installed and the holder and screws were in the trunk well at delivery. I'm sure, if you're picking up at a service center, they can give you the hardware if it's not in the car. I ultimately put my front plate on with two zip ties. There are a couple of threads about alternative plate mounting.

Thanks for the replies. Wasn't sure if the "Decline Front Plate" option meant I'd get the hardware anyway for my own future use... I do like some of the other plate mounting options I've seen if I'm ultimately forced to have one.

Perhaps I'll email my DS just to make sure....

Scaesare--yes, you can decline the install of the front license plate mounting bracket, and ask that they give you the hardware at delivery. Mine was in the trunk well with the front & rear floor mats.

- - - Updated - - -

htsai--no, the standard Tesla center caps are all monochrome--see this thread:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/16174-Center-Cap-Tesla-T

for a nice aftermarket solution.