Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owning Tesla on Vancouver Island

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone that owns a Tesla on Vancouver Island. I'm looking at getting a model 3 (or maybe a model S, although leaning towards model 3 now). But I live in Victoria (on Vancouver Island). There is no showroom here, nor is there a service center.

For anyone that owns on the island. Whats been your experience with service? Have the rangers come to the island to do work? If you gavh to take it to the mainland for warranty work - has Tesla paid the ferry at all? Overall - has it been manageable or a real pain?

Also curious for anyone who bought new - what was the delivery process being on the island? Did you have to go to Vancouver to pick it up?

I have never ever had better service for any car I’ve owned. The mobile technicians make regular visits to the island for customers here and have come to the house to take care of some minor issues. They also have access to lifts at Ferny’s body shop if work is needed. Once I had business in Vancouver and chose to take the car over. Service there was fantastic as well.

Compared with service from local dealerships I am completely satisfied. It’s been amazing so far. I am really impressed by the service team
Members I have met.

We bought new and arranged a day to go over and pick up the car in Vancouver. Purchase, paperwork, etc. was all very efficient and quick and in stark contrast to the same process at a local dealership which took a very long time.

If you would like to see a model S or test drive one drop me a private message. The local Tesla owners club has many members who would be willing to show their vehicles. Tesla Owners on Vancouver Island – Tesla electric vehicle owners and friends on Vancouver Island & the Gulf Islands, British Columbia, Canada

I live in Courtenay and I bought the Model 3 LR AWD in last Nov. I did a test drive while I was visiting Vancouver, ordered right away, and picked mine up a week after.

While I love the car, I noticed a condensation issue in pretty much all the lights so I contacted service centre in Vancouver area for ranger service.
They asked for the photos of defective lights so I did, got the warranty approval, and the rangers are coming to my house tomorrow afternoon. Since they can fix about 90% of defects mobile, I think it'll be no issue for us on the island.

Other than that issue, I have no complaint for the last 4 months and I love every minute driving it. I'm sure you'll love it too.

For anyone that owns a Tesla on Vancouver Island. I'm looking at getting a model 3 (or maybe a model S, although leaning towards model 3 now). But I live in Victoria (on Vancouver Island). There is no showroom here, nor is there a service center.

For anyone that owns on the island. Whats been your experience with service? Have the rangers come to the island to do work? If you gavh to take it to the mainland for warranty work - has Tesla paid the ferry at all? Overall - has it been manageable or a real pain?

Also curious for anyone who bought new - what was the delivery process being on the island? Did you have to go to Vancouver to pick it up?

I live just across the border from you in Washington so I can't really answer what kind of service you can expect on the Great Vancouver Island except to say that we took delivery of our first Model 3 in May and our second one in September and neither of them has needed a stitch of service. I do need to rotate the tires on the Long-Range but anyone can do that (I'll be doing it myself). I could have a Mobile Ranger do it instead of myself or a local garage but I like to keep my calendar open, not make appointments that require me to be in certain places at certain times. And that is one of the benefits of EV's - less regular services, less to go wrong and the option to use Mobile Rangers which, by all accounts I've seen, are very convenient and cost-effective.

Have a LR RWD model 3 I purchased new in July and live in Victoria. Frunk stopped opening a few weeks ago. Electronic latch mechanism still makes a sound but the hood doesn’t pop up at all and remains flush. There are a few threads on this and sounds like the mechanism needs replacement. Called Vancouver to see if the ranger could fix on their regular visits here. The person on the other end of the phone said this could only be fixed in house and I would have to ferry over to deal with it in a booked appointment. That is pretty annoying to pay 200 dollar ferry and a day in van to deal with. I don’t keep anything but cleaning supplies in there so not urgent but window washer fluid top up is in there so being from the island that will require fill up at some point. Have a list of small things that need to be fixed from delivery that are minor and only noticeable with thorough inspection so will try to get it all done while there.

Haven’t yet used the ranger service as nothing else has gone wrong that requires attention any time soon. But my dad has a 2013 model S and he has used them a few times and has had great experiences.

Would hope with the amount of Tesla’s on the island and more to come a better service solution will present itself in the coming years.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Called Vancouver to see if the ranger could fix on their regular visits here. The person on the other end of the phone said this could only be fixed in house and I would have to ferry over to deal with it in a booked appointment.

That doesn't sound right - a frunk latch replacement is the kind of thing that's tailor-made for a Mobile Ranger.

Reactions: SmartElectric
That doesn't sound right - a frunk latch replacement is the kind of thing that's tailor-made for a Mobile Ranger.

That’s what I thought, all calls that can book a ranger go through this one guy through Vancouver service. So have to go through him to book. Will probably call back and try to at least get the ranger to come check and see if they can do it first and have them tell me it can’t be done before I go all the way over there.

That’s what I thought, all calls that can book a ranger go through this one guy through Vancouver service. So have to go through him to book. Will probably call back and try to at least get the ranger to come check and see if they can do it first and have them tell me it can’t be done before I go all the way over there.
You can book an appointment via the app or website and then mention mobile service. It might still be routed through the same guy but at least you wouldn't have to call him initially.

White looks better when new but black looks better over time as it hides minor stains.

FWIW, the light tan Napa leather in my 2013 Model S was better with stains than the black faux leather in my 2018 X. I drove the S for 160,000 km and the seats were like new when I sold it. No jean transfer at all. For some reason, the fake black leather shows every little stain. They show up like white or light colored spots that take a fair bit of elbow grease to remove. I am pretty sure it is the fake leather material and not the color that is causing this issue.

Has anyone ever on Vancouver Island had a full car PPF and ceramic job done? I’m in the process of deciding on this. Right now I’m looking at places in the lower mainland as I’ll be receiving the Model 3 there and I’ll want to have it done when the car is as pristine as possible.

It seems to me that the downside of having it done in the GVA is that I would have to take it back there to have any corrective actions taken. The upside is that they are more likely to have significant experience doing the wrap on a Model 3 than places on the Island.

Has anyone ever on Vancouver Island had a full car PPF and ceramic job done? I’m in the process of deciding on this. Right now I’m looking at places in the lower mainland as I’ll be receiving the Model 3 there and I’ll want to have it done when the car is as pristine as possible.

It seems to me that the downside of having it done in the GVA is that I would have to take it back there to have any corrective actions taken. The upside is that they are more likely to have significant experience doing the wrap on a Model 3 than places on the Island.

Protex Victoria in Langford! Island's only certified XPEL Fusion PPF installer. Haven't received our Model 3 yet (ordered 2 weeks ago), but spoke with them yesterday and to do PPF for the front of the Model 3 (Bumper, hood, front quarter panels, mirrors was about $1,800 + $45 fro them to take off the Tesla emblem on the hood, apply PPF under (full hood) and then replace with a new logo at your 2 week inspection. They also do window tinting. My friend had full PPF applied to his Model S and was about $6k for the whole car. You get a better deal if you do PPF and window tint at the same time. They also do ceramic.

They are doing a lot of Teslas now. They only book a few days in advance so just give them a call if you want a quote. I will be taking mine there.

How do you schedule mobile service on the island? When I try in the app it wants me to schedule at Vancouver SC at the earliest July 17th.

My steering wheel has developed an annoying squeak :(
Create a service appointment and ask if it can be handled by a mobile technician. When they review the ticket, they should see your request and be able to route it to the mobile service department. They will then send you an email where you can use the link to reschedule for mobile service.