Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P Delivery -- Good News Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the email that my "Model 3 is finishing production and we are ready to start completing your Tesla account information for contracts". The email indicated that I could update the registration, payment type, and trade-in. However, those areas were not editable, so I immediately emailed the ISA to notify her of this.

The next email I received was that she adjusted my account so I could make changes, and "I do want to inform you, we have received your Tesla Model 3 at the San Diego Service Center today and have a 7 day window to schedule pick up before we have to reassign your Model 3 and delay delivery." What?!

Excited, but man, that's quite a difference going from "finishing production" to "at the service center" in 2 hours!

3/31 - Line waiter
2/22 - First invitation
6/26 - AWD/P-AWD invitation
7/13 - Ordered P3D+ Blue/White interior, no EAP
7/30 - 7 day window to schedule delivery

Why no more posts?
3/31/16 10;31PM online reservation
1/17/18 invited to configure first production
6/26 invite for P/AWD
6/27 ordered P3D aero's red w/ white interior (no EAP/FSD)
8/7 able to enter 3rd party lending info
8/8 got email that car is in transit from fremont to birmingham alabama and I have been assigned a VIN (but didn't have it in email)
Raleigh, NC

I'm pretty sure I have a VIN, just don't know what it is. Got the e-mail from delivery advisor today to confirm payment and trade-in, and then he'll schedule delivery.

My experience was that as soon as payment was confirmed, you would be contacted to schedule delivery. Once that is complete, you should have a VIN in your account, along with an email including the VIN.

My experience was that as soon as payment was confirmed, you would be contacted to schedule delivery. Once that is complete, you should have a VIN in your account, along with an email including the VIN.

This. Once you finalize all the checklist items, that’s when you’re good to go. Financing? Well, make sure you accept the offer they gave you so you can move on to step 2...

Why no more posts?
Horay!!!!!!

My ISA said that my P3D+ has arrived at the Tesla store in Westmont Il. My delivery is Friday @ 11AM.

I think I'll get there at 3AM....just like I did on 3/31/16 ( second in line - Grand Avenue Store - Chicago - blue poncho).

IMG_20160331_084909658_HDR.jpg

This time I'll be first in line for my own car.

Last edited:
Horay!!!!!!

My ISA said that my P3D+ has arrived at the Tesla store in Westmont Il. My delivery is Friday @ 11AM.

I think I'll get there at 3AM....just like I did on 3/31/16 ( second in line - Grand Avenue Store - Chicago - blue poncho).

View attachment 324215

This time I'll be first in line for my own car.

Who knew that this is what I waited in line - in the rain for over 2 1/2 years ago. This is my actual P3D+ that I will take delivery of tomorrow morning. I had no idea 2.5 years ago that my P3D+ would be this beautiful.

I was able to go to the Tesla Store today and take pictures before they prepped it.

right2.jpg

front.jpg

moded MFG.jpg

White Sheet.jpg

left2.jpg

Last edited:
Got the email that my "Model 3 is finishing production and we are ready to start completing your Tesla account information for contracts". The email indicated that I could update the registration, payment type, and trade-in. However, those areas were not editable, so I immediately emailed the ISA to notify her of this.

The next email I received was that she adjusted my account so I could make changes, and "I do want to inform you, we have received your Tesla Model 3 at the San Diego Service Center today and have a 7 day window to schedule pick up before we have to reassign your Model 3 and delay delivery." What?!

Excited, but man, that's quite a difference going from "finishing production" to "at the service center" in 2 hours!

3/31 - Line waiter
2/22 - First invitation
6/26 - AWD/P-AWD invitation
7/13 - Ordered P3D+ Blue/White interior, no EAP
7/30 - 7 day window to schedule delivery

Congrats!! When are you picking it up? I'm in SD and still waiting. :)

Who knew that this is what I waited in line - in the rain for over 2 1/2 years ago. This is my actual P3D+ that I will take delivery of tomorrow morning. I had no idea 2.5 years ago that my P3D+ would be this beautiful.

I was able to go to the Tesla Store today and take pictures before they prepped it.

View attachment 324579
View attachment 324580

View attachment 324581
View attachment 324582
View attachment 324583
I'm here.....1 hour to delivery.

Looks like they are detailing it now.

store.jpg

Soooooo maybe some Movement in MA

3/31/16 - Line Waiter (1st in country, Tented 3 days in Dedham :))
2/22/18 - Invited to config
5/20/18 - Configed AWD
6/26/18 - Configed to P3D+
8/08/18 - Changed to white interior (Tesla salesperson called from store and did it for me). This changed my delivery from Aug-Oct to Oct-Dec. They told me it should not take that long and will keep internet and supercharging (w/o referral)
08/10/18 - Asked to upload info on trade-in and edit button disappeared

So I may have movement?!