Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P+ Horrible 0-60 times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don’t seem too far off where I am on that new run. This was like 87% SOC and I’m 350lbs Which doesn’t help my case lol

FCDE678F-1C45-4934-ACB6-E61AA22571F6.png

Tried it on a different road and got a better time. Can anyone tell me if the slope is negative or positive In this launch.

A positive slope is anything greater than 0.0. If it were a negative slope it would have a minus sign before the slope number. Try to get a slope between -1.0 and 1.0. An invalid slope is anything lower than -1.0 and it will say 'invalid' in the top corner.

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
Are P- times quicker because of lighter wheels & less traction?

P- times are slightly quicker than P+ (about a tenth) on the 0-60 pretty much exclusively because of the lighter wheels and tires with more sidewall. Rotational un-sprung rate makes a difference and it's a big deal in drag racing. So you are on the money there.

Wait... "less traction"?? No, just the opposite for 0-60 or drag racing. Bigger sidewall offers MORE 0-60 traction that rubber-band tires, but the big-wheel skinny-tire setup can improve lateral traction. For acceleration in high-powered applications, small wheels and bigger rubber not only offer important weight savings, but allow sidewall flex, which allows the tires to grip better and launch harder.

P- times are slightly quicker than P+ (about a tenth) on the 0-60 pretty much exclusively because of the lighter wheels and tires with more sidewall. Rotational un-sprung rate makes a difference and it's a big deal in drag racing. So you are on the money there.

Wait... "less traction"?? No, just the opposite for 0-60 or drag racing. Bigger sidewall offers MORE 0-60 traction that rubber-band tires, but the big-wheel skinny-tire setup can improve lateral traction. For acceleration in high-powered applications, small wheels and bigger rubber not only offer important weight savings, but allow sidewall flex, which allows the tires to grip better and launch harder.

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-18_10-5-12.jpeg
    upload_2020-7-18_10-5-12.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: BetterSlowDown
Tire pressure is a factor too. Running lower tire pressure can help with traction but can make handling feel "squishy."

Maybe we should ask OP about their tire pressure and compare it to others...

2.8 here...no rollout. 2018 P3D+

Last year as well as this year. OEM Summer Michelin PS4 ( 45 psi )

91% of charge - just me in the car.

Joliet Illinois autobahn drag strip - documented.

"Documented", yet not document. That's one red flag. 0-60 10% faster than anyone else has got, another red flag. Maybe you are right... gutted interior, skinny small driver, 18" lightweight wheels, etc. Outside of that, call me a skeptic. But maybe you are right... care to provide said documentation and provide details? To pull that off you'd need a 1.6xx 60-ft.

Drag strip implies rollout... The way they time is what started the whole rollout thing anyway. You can't get a time from a drag strip that has no rollout unless you purposefully stage incredibly poorly.

"Documented", yet not document. That's one red flag. 0-60 10% faster than anyone else has got, another red flag. Maybe you are right... gutted interior, skinny small driver, 18" lightweight wheels, etc. Outside of that, call me a skeptic. But maybe you are right... care to provide said documentation and provide details? To pull that off you'd need a 1.6xx 60-ft.

invitation to everyone.

whenever you like. I'll meet you there - it's always a ton of fun. Click the link below.

you pay for no-rollout then you get no-rollout.

Others in the forum have been there with me when it happened.

Autobahn Country Club
3795 Centerpoint Way
Joliet, IL 60436
(815) 722-2223
[email protected]

Autobahn Country Club - Midwest Premier Motorsports Club - Autobahn Country Club

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: BetterSlowDown
Drag strip implies rollout... The way they time is what started the whole rollout thing anyway. You can't get a time from a drag strip that has no rollout unless you purposefully stage incredibly poorly.

Maybe learn a thing or two about drag racing before you opine. "Deep staging" is allowed (Sometimes only on a Pro tree) and not "incredibly poor" to do. If you want to eliminate rollout and get the more accurate time, deep stage the car on the tree.

(I assume @ATT89 knows how its done and did it to eliminate rollout)

Last edited:
Reactions: lUtriaNt
invitation to everyone.

whenever you like. I'll meet you there - it's always a ton of fun. Click the link below.

you pay for no-rollout then you get no-rollout.

Others in the forum have been there with me when it happened.

Autobahn Country Club
3795 Centerpoint Way
Joliet, IL 60436
(815) 722-2223
[email protected]

Autobahn Country Club - Midwest Premier Motorsports Club - Autobahn Country Club
I won't be able to get to Joliet any time soon so can't you just post a video of one of these 2.8sec runs?

Reactions: RobRain