Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D ludicrous+ loses to Model 3?? What the??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

My first post here. I gotta say, the disappointment pushed me here to post something. I got a brand new P100DL+ and I absolutely love my car. However, No one really challenges me for a go on the road, I guess once they see the badge, they know it's over before it starts...until tonight.

A Model 3 pulls up beside me as we are in motion, maybe 50km and just pushes his car, it was fast. But I thought, ya it's a Tesla, of course it's fast. I pull up next to him and we both push it to the max...and he pulled away from me. How is that even possible?

Next, we get to a light and I'm ready, trying to engage launch mode with is harder to engage then any feature I've ever tried in my life. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It didn't work this time. Light turns green, he was gone...gone I tell you. I pushed the accelerator all the way, and of course I was fast as hell, but I couldn't catch him. Then I thought, what if he's driving a performance, but no badges, no red callipers. Even if he was tho...still no match for the P100D. It's not a raven but it only has 6,000 km on the car. First half of 2019 build.

I gotta say..what the #(@*#. I'm sure you all gonna say it was me or something, and your probably right! But how can you screw up just pushing the peddle. I do know how to drive, it's my third model S I know the car well. BAFFLED!

Any thoughts???

are you sure you were on ludicuous settings in drivers profile?
It should look like this:
20190725-124342.jpg

I have smoked my friends M3P in Ludi and Ludi+
And if i use launch mode, its not even funny how fast i pull ahead.

I think your settings maybe on sport.

Sounds like two things:

1. It was a performance Model 3 which would put it close to the P100D in terms of 0-60.

No.... not even close... that almost a entire 1 second faster to 60 is a very big difference.

Ya man, soon as he pulled away the first time, I went right in and went to Ludi+ It was on Ludi right before that. He killed me off the light. In fairness I was pissed Launch Mode wasn't enabling and so I may have stalled. BUT, I should still have caught him regardless. A performance model 3 shouldn't do that to a P100DL+. So strange.

Sounds like two things:

1. It was a performance Model 3 which would put it close to the P100D in terms of 0-60.

2. He was a better driver than you (no disrespect intended). Sometimes technique matters more than torque.

Trust me, no disrespect taken. I would rather accept that than a model 3 beating a P100DL+ I paid double for over a model 3.

About the performance Model 3. the 0-60 isn't even close. 3.4 for the Model3 P and 2.6 for the P100DL. I haven't heard of aftermarket hacking on these cars yet, but after tonight I would believe it.

Reactions: RedOctober
Something is wrong with your car then.
Do you have a track to take it out to, to get it benched?

Because as i said, i have smoked my friends M3P 5/5 times.
He refuses to race me anymore, because he got really traumatized by launch mode on my car.

But his solstace is that my car costed me 2.25 times what he paid for his car. :cool:

Something is wrong with your car then.
Do you have a track to take it out to, to get it benched?

Because as i said, i have smoked my friends M3P 5/5 times.
He refuses to race me anymore, because he got really traumatized by launch mode on my car.

But his solstace is that my car costed me 2.25 times what he paid for his car. :cool:

HA. That's sounds more like the reaction I banked on. Nothing around here, but I'm gonna see if I can get it on a dyno.

Hey everyone,

My first post here. I gotta say, the disappointment pushed me here to post something. I got a brand new P100DL+ and I absolutely love my car. However, No one really challenges me for a go on the road, I guess once they see the badge, they know it's over before it starts...until tonight.

A Model 3 pulls up beside me as we are in motion, maybe 50km and just pushes his car, it was fast. But I thought, ya it's a Tesla, of course it's fast. I pull up next to him and we both push it to the max...and he pulled away from me. How is that even possible?

Next, we get to a light and I'm ready, trying to engage launch mode with is harder to engage then any feature I've ever tried in my life. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It didn't work this time. Light turns green, he was gone...gone I tell you. I pushed the accelerator all the way, and of course I was fast as hell, but I couldn't catch him. Then I thought, what if he's driving a performance, but no badges, no red callipers. Even if he was tho...still no match for the P100D. It's not a raven but it only has 6,000 km on the car. First half of 2019 build.

I gotta say..what the #(@*#. I'm sure you all gonna say it was me or something, and your probably right! But how can you screw up just pushing the peddle. I do know how to drive, it's my third model S I know the car well. BAFFLED!

Any thoughts???
Turn off chill mode, I have never had a 3 even get close to keeping up or take your car in for service.

Reactions: bhzmark
Dragy??

I'm guessing SOC = State of Charge, new here :)

I think I was at around 45%, but I'm not sure I would have reduced power at that percentage. My regen cluster didn't show any yellow so I know the batteries were not cold.
definitely reduces overall power by a bit at that SOC
& regen not showing does not mean your battery is fully warm, you could have almost 100kW less power and no dotted line

• Informative
Reactions: travis010
Something isn’t right here.
I have a 12/14 p85D and routinely go up against m3p and take them every time.

does the DL have the 0-60 displayed on the IC? (I could be wrong here) but may be worth it to do a run and see what you’re getting. An m3p does it in 3.2. I run around 3.1 and have pulled 3.0 twice.

I think I need a little lesson in forum slang lol

What is meant by 12/14?
What is meant by "DL"?

I do not remember seeing a 0-60 time in the instrument cluster, unless it's there and I do not know where to look. :)

I think I need a little lesson in forum slang lol

What is meant by 12/14?
What is meant by "DL"?

I do not remember seeing a 0-60 time in the instrument cluster, unless it's there and I do not know where to look. :)
Check the nut behind the wheel...(Sorry, could not resist)

On the bright side, when you figure this out or get the car fixed, you will have the fastest ride ever. Until then, you are saving tire wear...