Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3 Brake Job

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
I want to help RB with selling more of these 380mm kits. Anyone that purchases it through EVTuning.com will get a free motive bleeder and master cylinder adapter with 2 catch bottles and 2 bottles of the brake fluid of their choice. Either Motul RB600, RB660, ATE200, GOLD or Stoptech STR 600 or STR 660. Simply reply back to your confirmation email with which brake fluid you would like and we will take care of adding the free stuff to your order.

Also the Rear Two Piece Stock Direct Replacement Performance Model 3 brake rotors should be shipping in the next 7-10 days! If you've been on the fence waiting for those to be available I will give you 25% off a set of stainless brake lines with purchase of a Rear Set of Performance Brake Rotors (Discount code SS25) or 30% off a set of lines with purchase of a front and rear set of rotors (Base brake rotors, Performance Rotors) (Discount code SS30).

If there is some other sort of package setup you'd like to see at a better than retail price I am open to suggestions and would like to help more people get into RB products and out having fun on the track!

any special rate if we can get a group buy going?

Reactions: isaax
I am open to the idea. If I can get 5 sets sold I can do an additional $150 off the $2660.00 price, plus all the free stuff which is about a $130-$150 value + Additional Shipping, depending on which brake fluid you choose. So you're saving roughly 11% off between the discount and the free stuff. I don't have an insane amount of margin to play with but after having installed my own kit I wouldn't consider anything else and I am sure anyone else that gets one will be very happy with the performance. The additional $150 will get retroactively refunded once we kit 5 kits. Does this sound reasonable?

I am open to the idea. If I can get 5 sets sold I can do an additional $150 off the $2660.00 price, plus all the free stuff which is about a $130-$150 value + Additional Shipping, depending on which brake fluid you choose. So you're saving roughly 11% off between the discount and the free stuff. I don't have an insane amount of margin to play with but after having installed my own kit I wouldn't consider anything else and I am sure anyone else that gets one will be very happy with the performance. The additional $150 will get retroactively refunded once we kit 5 kits. Does this sound reasonable?

That sounds fair. Would the 355mm count as well? I am actually leaning towards the 355mm so I can fit stock aero wheels underneath.

Hey guys,
I want to help RB with selling more of these 380mm kits. Anyone that purchases it through EVTuning.com will get a free motive bleeder and master cylinder adapter with 2 catch bottles and 2 bottles of the brake fluid of their choice. Either Motul RB600, RB660, ATE200, GOLD or Stoptech STR 600 or STR 660. Simply reply back to your confirmation email with which brake fluid you would like and we will take care of adding the free stuff to your order.

Also the Rear Two Piece Stock Direct Replacement Performance Model 3 brake rotors should be shipping in the next 7-10 days! If you've been on the fence waiting for those to be available I will give you 25% off a set of stainless brake lines with purchase of a Rear Set of Performance Brake Rotors (Discount code SS25) or 30% off a set of lines with purchase of a front and rear set of rotors (Base brake rotors, Performance Rotors) (Discount code SS30).

If there is some other sort of package setup you'd like to see at a better than retail price I am open to suggestions and would like to help more people get into RB products and out having fun on the track!

This is a smoking hot deal. Pretty much the complete brake upgrade in one sorted package. :)

Hey guys,

For the 355 drop in replacement, since those are thicker does it affect P3D wheels at all? I have a set of 18" race wheels milled to fit the stock hub precisely and not sure if that would cause any fitment issues. @SignatureWheel ?

You need 380mm if you track your car at any regularity. IMHO

Yea but then you cant run 18" rims for weight =p

For the 355 drop in replacement, since those are thicker does it affect P3D wheels at all? I have a set of 18" race wheels milled to fit the stock hub precisely and not sure if that would cause any fitment issues. @SignatureWheel ?

It will not affect the fitment since only the hat thickness will affect the "lip" on the P3D. Even if the rotor hat is thicker than stock, it will hide the lip and will not interfere with wheel fitment.

You can run 18 inches wheels with the 380mm, all Konig flow form wheels should clear it. We've physically tested Konig Ultraform 18x9.5 as well as Apex EC-7 18x9.5 on the 380mm thanks to @beastmode13.

It will not affect the fitment since only the hat thickness will affect the "lip" on the P3D. Even if the rotor hat is thicker than stock, it will hide the lip and will not interfere with wheel fitment.

You can run 18 inches wheels with the 380mm, all Konig flow form wheels should clear it. We've physically tested Konig Ultraform 18x9.5 as well as Apex EC-7 18x9.5 on the 380mm thanks to @beastmode13.

The thicker hat will take the hub lip/step out of wheel fitment equation. However, it will effectively change the offset of the wheels you currently have to +5mm. So a +35mm offset wheel would fit like a +40mm.

PSA - For anyone that tracks their Model 3 with stock rotors, and want to wear it out before replacing it. It is worth reading this article and reconsiders your options when it is time to replace the stock rotor at the end of its serviceable life. Composite Rotors

Reactions: EVTuning

You can not evaluate weight by wheel alone. You need to add the weight of the tires in the consideration. Base on my research for the tires I want to run the track. 18" wheel/tire combo has no weight advantage over 19" wheel/tire combo, in fact for some tires, the 19" combo was 1 lbs lighter.

• Helpful
The thicker hat will take the hub lip/step out of wheel fitment equation. However, it will effectively change the offset of the wheels you currently have to +5mm. So a +35mm offset wheel would fit like a +40mm.

PSA - For anyone that tracks their Model 3 with stock rotors, and want to wear it out before replacing it. It is worth reading this article and reconsiders your options when it is time to replace the stock rotor at the end of its serviceable life. Composite Rotors

@beastmode13 I just wanted to chime in and say it was nice to meet you at LS last week and thanks for allowing me to test fit my wheel over your brakes! :)

Great to meet you as well. I expect to see you and @mcbarnet007 to have RB BBK fitted on yours 3 by the next track day. LOL. ;)

Btw, I am planning to track Buttonwillow in September or October. Any interest in joining?

We missed you on Sunday for ReFuel!
I'm planning for BRP w/Speed Ventures next Sat or Sunday, break in August and resuming September if its not too hot heh..

Great to meet you as well. I expect to see you and @mcbarnet007 to have RB BBK fitted on yours 3 by the next track day. LOL. ;)

Btw, I am planning to track Buttonwillow in September or October. Any interest in joining?

What's the charging situation at Buttonwillow? I'd love to come out at some point and meet some fellow Tesla track guys, looks like about an 8 hour drive for me.

What's the charging situation at Buttonwillow? I'd love to come out at some point and meet some fellow Tesla track guys, looks like about an 8 hour drive for me.

It's the best track for Supercharging

Myself and a bunch of others will be out there in the heat on July 28th for Tesla Corsa 5. Come check it out if you can! Join their Facebook group or go to teslacorsa.com

Lol peer pressure at its best :) I had someone today that thought my 380 kit was off a Ferrari when I was supercharging.

Which other cars use the same pad shape that work with the 4 piston calipers in the brake kit? I want to find out what other pad compounds I can run from other pad manufacturers that'll fit the calipers. Thanks.