Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D "Estimated delivery by late September"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,

I am one of the P3D people who did not receive my Model 3 in the 3rd quarter push. When I log into my Tesla account, i still see "Estimated delivery by late September". This is obviously not accurate and I'm expecting it to change in the next few days.

My situation: I had a delivery scheduled for Tuesday, 9/25. Was told on 9/24 it wasn't going to happen. From reading this forum, I think my 9/25 delivery was just a "placeholder" while they searched for a vehicle matching my configuration - and no match was obviously found. On Wednesday, I got caught up in the texting extravaganza. While I replied in my texts that I was available all weekend - no VIN was ultimately assigned. By Friday I realized a weekend delivery was not going to happen and I called my DA. She recommended I check back with her this week sometime for an update. That being said, I don't think the DAs really have a good handle on VIN assignment anymore. When I spoke to her on Friday, my DA said that another group was doing VIN matches and she was just there to make sure the paperwork is pushed through properly.

How many P3D people are in my same situation and what are you being told? Is what you are hearing consistent with what I'm hearing? Has anyone heard if the P3D deliveries will still be prioritized?

Thanks!

This happened to me with my P3D- as well. Quite upset over it (being the 3rd cancellation since August), but ended up picking up a demo P3D+ which was the configuration I wanted all along but couldn't justify.

I feel like Tesla is moving away from DA's because of the large type of VIN matching that is going on. They now have whats called a delivery scheduling team out of Vegas (according to the person who scheduled my 9/26 delivery).

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
This happened to me with my P3D- as well. Quite upset over it (being the 3rd cancellation since August), but ended up picking up a demo P3D+ which was the configuration I wanted all along but couldn't justify.

I feel like Tesla is moving away from DA's because of the large type of VIN matching that is going on. They now have whats called a delivery scheduling team out of Vegas (according to the person who scheduled my 9/26 delivery).

That fits my experience as well. A DA never called me through the whole process and just an "Appointment Maker" did call that could not answer a single question other than something related to picking a date. A VIN was immediately assigned somewhere around the time of that call.

yes they cancled on me 3 weeks ago, then i was told last week they found one for me for this weekend but nothing after that so I didn't get one either, website says end of September. But it's Elon time do maybe they mean next September.

I don't think they are prioritizing p3d- or reservation holders anymore if they every did. Although I'm sure we will get priority over the next batch due to cancled deliveries. Of course it will be all the stress, and hurry up and wait, all over again because I'll have to shop for loans again.

If you haven't been matched up with a car yet, I'd highly suggest talking to a sales person. They recently got access to the Model 3 inventory and can search for your exact config. It's what I did and took delivery 3 days later. I know for a fact that if I waited on the text message system (which I replied to correctly right away with confirmation) I wouldn't have a car now

Interesting. I will do that (talk to a sales person). I've been avoiding the delivery center the last couple of weeks because I know it's been crazy. Hopefully it's back to a state of "normal crazy" instead of "insane crazy" this week.

So do the people at the DC have the ability to match a car? Or perhaps they can just get things moving?

Still curious if anyone else is in my same boat. If I look at Troy's spreadsheet, about 70% of the P3D (both + and -) have been delivered, so I'm hopeful that mine won't be much longer.

I am in the same boat. December 2017 reservation, SoCal, June AWD order, changed to white P3D- 18" black interior, estimated delivery late September. Had a scheduled delivery 2 weeks ago cancelled after 2 days but I think that was part of the big rush, never had a VIN, etc. Feel ignored/forgotten. Had a chance to buy a fully loaded P3D+ over the weekend (thanks Jedi!) but really just couldn't justify the extra $$ for huge wheels/less range I don't want... Hopefully will get some kind of useful information this week, thinking about going to the store, tell the sales people my story, and sit in the 3...just wanna sit in it to remind myself what I'm waiting for...

Reactions: stlmizzoufan
If you haven't been matched up with a car yet, I'd highly suggest talking to a sales person. They recently got access to the Model 3 inventory and can search for your exact config. It's what I did and took delivery 3 days later. I know for a fact that if I waited on the text message system (which I replied to correctly right away with confirmation) I wouldn't have a car now
Shouldn't they be doing this already? I don't understand how this is even an option. Seems to me that by doing this your getting someone else's car they have been waiting on?

Reactions: S5S5G6
I'm in the same boat. My delivery of a P3D+ was postponed twice. I had a VIN, the MVPA, and the payment check in place, then they pulled the rug from under my feet and obviously sold my car to someone else. And they canceled my VIN. It's now 10/1 and delivery is still showing for late September (get your act together Tesla -- you updated my order info as soon as you sold my car to someone else but now you can't correct this delivery date mistake). Got several text messages and emails from the Las Vegas team but they've committed to nothing, other than finding a car that matches my specs. I told them I have to have delivery by 10/8 or 10/9 but no response of any kind to that request.

If this nonsense continues for much longer, I'm going to cancel the order. Who needs this BS? Not me. I already have a Model S and none of this crap occurred when I ordered that car. I'm really soured now on Tesla. They certainly don't inspire confidence.

Who is the "sales person' we should talk to. I didn't know Tesla had such people. Are they are the service centers or somewhere else?

My account also says “By Late September.”
I am waiting on Silver P3D- also got the delivery text and cancellation text messages over the weekend. I called the sales department 888-518-3752 and that went nowhere.. All they would say is that they would call me when I am assigned a vin. I keep re-irrating to them that my current lease is about to expire and I need to know when the car will be available. I really don’t want to have to cancel my reservation but they might force my hand. Here’s to hoping they can atleast update the website to something besides “Late September.”

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Hey all, new to this forum here. I came in right in time for the cluster that was the end of third quarter for Tesla. The “delivery hell.” Had a scheduled delivery for this last Friday which was cancelled the night before. I did have a VIN assigned. They told me that the car did not make it in time for delivery to be able to happen. Then Friday my VIN disappeared and the delivery date went back to “by November.” I spoke with my IDA in Vegas who was actually helpful and maintained good communication with me throughout. He set up another delivery date for me this coming Friday, 10/5, but did not know if I would have a car or not for that date. His thought was that if he put in another date, this would force the delivery people to get a car for me? Low and behold, another VIN did show up on my account on Saturday, 9/29. So maybe this strategy will work? I am not holding my breath though. Guess I will see by this coming Friday. In the meantime, I gotta somehow get all my financing set up and ready to go again. What a pain.

• Informative
I'm in the same boat. My delivery of a P3D+ was postponed twice. I had a VIN, the MVPA, and the payment check in place, then they pulled the rug from under my feet and obviously sold my car to someone else. And they canceled my VIN. It's now 10/1 and delivery is still showing for late September (get your act together Tesla -- you updated my order info as soon as you sold my car to someone else but now you can't correct this delivery date mistake). Got several text messages and emails from the Las Vegas team but they've committed to nothing, other than finding a car that matches my specs. I told them I have to have delivery by 10/8 or 10/9 but no response of any kind to that request.

If this nonsense continues for much longer, I'm going to cancel the order. Who needs this BS? Not me. I already have a Model S and none of this crap occurred when I ordered that car. I'm really soured now on Tesla. They certainly don't inspire confidence.
I’m in a similar situation. When they canceled your VIN, did the MVPA disappear from your account or is it still there? I really wish they would show us the VIN in the account even if delivery is 7+ days.

• Informative
Hey all, new to this forum here. I came in right in time for the cluster that was the end of third quarter for Tesla. The “delivery hell.” Had a scheduled delivery for this last Friday which was cancelled the night before. I did have a VIN assigned. They told me that the car did not make it in time for delivery to be able to happen. Then Friday my VIN disappeared and the delivery date went back to “by November.” I spoke with my IDA in Vegas who was actually helpful and maintained good communication with me throughout. He set up another delivery date for me this coming Friday, 10/5, but did not know if I would have a car or not for that date. His thought was that if he put in another date, this would force the delivery people to get a car for me? Low and behold, another VIN did show up on my account on Saturday, 9/29. So maybe this strategy will work? I am not holding my breath though. Guess I will see by this coming Friday. In the meantime, I gotta somehow get all my financing set up and ready to go again. What a pain.
November! Damn that's later than my AWD estimate ever was, I guess they really are not giving priority to P models.

LIke I mentioned in my original post, it looks like 70% of the P models have been delivered as of 9/30 according to Troy's spreadsheet. That has increased significantly over the last two weeks (it was 38% delivered on 9/16 - two weeks ago). So it does appear there was some sort of priority put on P models.

I'm hopeful that trend continues and we get up to 90-95% P3D delivered in the next two weeks.

@CallmeTony So I can just call the store and ask to speak to a sales person ... this will expedite my order?

Got the #faketest and the followup "sorry" text.

LIke I mentioned in my original post, it looks like 70% of the P models have been delivered as of 9/30 according to Troy's spreadsheet. That has increased significantly over the last two weeks (it was 38% delivered on 9/16 - two weeks ago). So it does appear there was some sort of priority put on P models.

I'm hopeful that trend continues and we get up to 90-95% P3D delivered in the next two weeks.
Just saw that sticky I should fill it out.