Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D Help - Odd bulge/panel gap close to undercarriage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

keith819

2022 Model X LR
Apr 19, 2019
Yardley, PA
Hey all - my P3D that I posted about with autopilot issues (fixed! thankfully!) has this odd bulge/panel gap that's close to the undercarriage. I was actually able to pop part of it back up but can't get the rest up. Has anyone seen this? Is this a cause for concern? There's two photos, the first is when I noticed it and the other one is after I was able to push part of it back up. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Got the problem solved. Spoke to my service center and they just had me pop it back in. I just had to push one piece back a bit with a plastic trim tool for it to go through the port/hole for it. Was pretty easy. They sent me an email apologizing that it was missed before I took delivery of it. Definitely did not hit anything... from what they said it sounds like this is not totally rare especially since they knew exactly what I was talking about over the phone. Car looks perfect now.

• Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
I also had the same exact thing on the driver’s side. Mobile tech was at my house a few weeks ago to fix other minor issues and pointed this out to him. He said it was coming loose from the clips and was able to pop it back in. As long as there aren’t any missing clips you should be good. Hopefully that’s the end of it.