Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+/P3D- Owners: Do You Ever Use Chill Mode?

Do You Use Chill Mode?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugg I should have used Chill mode last night. I had my first Police interaction yesterday on the way home. I hit an awkward yellow and started to brake but didn't want to slam them so then chose to accelerate through. I didn't run a red but the officer didn't like the brake to fast maneuver and pulled me over. He was quite nice in the interaction. I was asked the usual type stuff and we talked about why he pulled me over. He did comment on my personalized plate with FAST in it suggesting this may be a habitual occurrence for me. He asked if I'm pulled over often and if I had any tickets or warnings. I don't but he did run my license and registration. I think based on the clean record and my honesty to the questions he thankfully let me off with a warning. Overall given the circumstances it was a pleasant experience. THe officer was very cordial and we shook hands at the end.

I put Chill mode on this morning to get me back into the slow groove.

I've tried chill mode once and it honestly felt unsafe, especially when trying to get on the freeway. I just kept mashing the peddle wanting more power. I figure it's safer to learn how to properly throttle the car manually at full power than to wreck it because i couldn't give it enough juice on chill mode.

Just tried chill mode for the first time in probably a year. Much better than I remember but I didn't really see any improvement in whm. I got about 280whm but I can easily get that or much better when I drive conservatively in Sport mode. I've gotten as low as 190whm in Sport mode.