Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D white interior (no performance upgrade package) VIN updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing.

Getting frustrating seeing regular AWD with white interior and aero wheels getting delivered. A couple deliveries scheduled at my service center with a regular AWD and white interior config that configured after me but had they reserved 3/31 instead of 4/1.

I was really hoping the Performance configs would get higher priority than reservation date.

Good News! Received call from Tesla today regarding my P3D (without the perf upgrade package). Tentatively scheduled to pick it up next Friday at the Marina Del Rey Delivery Center.

FWIW: Owner, Orig 3/31/16 online order, configured 6/26, silver/white P3D :)
Whoa!!!! You get a VIN?
When did you first get contacted about your car? That’s crazy
No way that fast for me as mine hasn’t gotten to Alabama yet and then has to travel to NC too

VIN 74XXX and the first call from Tesla about my P3D was the day I posted here.

But the excitement died yesterday when Tesla called me about “logistical” problems which will delay the delivery! What makes it worse is that Tesla cannot tell me how long this delay will be!!! Time to wait again :(

Within the past two hours, my edit button disappeared and the order page is now allowing me to put in my loan and trade in information. It’s not a VIN or an ISA phone call, but I’ll take it.

Silver metallic, owner, reserved 7/28/17, configured AWD 6/28/18, changed order to P3D 7/18/18

Reactions: srharris22
Within the past two hours, my edit button disappeared and the order page is now allowing me to put in my loan and trade in information. It’s not a VIN or an ISA phone call, but I’ll take it.

Silver metallic, owner, reserved 7/28/17, configured AWD 6/28/18, changed order to P3D 7/18/18
Exactly what happened to me. Expect an email today, maybe tomorrow at latest.

Reactions: kingkondo
I just got the delivery delayed phone call. Supposedly car made it to the east coast, Birmingham Alabama, and unsure as to cause of delay or when it’s to be rescheduled.
So now I wait more. My guess is not enough room at local store, and slow to deliver cars. Will see

Received some updates: (Red P3D, Aeros, White interior, EAP)
In store reservation: 3/31/16
Configuration/order date: 7/26/18
Edit button disappeared: 8/8/18
Call to schedule delivery: 8/13/18
VIN appeared: 8/18/18 (56xxx)
Delivery scheduled for 8/21/18

I plan on transferring the rest of my down payment tomorrow. This is cutting it a little close but I hear too many delay stories. I did notice that some of the already delivered Model 3s have VINs in the 70xxx range. Is this any cause for concern? I just don't want to receive a "rejected" Model 3!

I plan on transferring the rest of my down payment tomorrow. This is cutting it a little close but I hear too many delay stories. I did notice that some of the already delivered Model 3s have VINs in the 70xxx range. Is this any cause for concern? I just don't want to receive a "rejected" Model 3!
Nope, there were a good chunk produced in 55-56XXX range. Seems tesla makes cars and applies VINS in a random order but still in batches to prevent people from tracking their production and sales.

Greetings. New to Tesla ownership. Have added the most current info to the spreadsheet....why no love for Silver Metallic?

No previous ownership
No reservation
Ordered/Configured: 8/20/2018
Scheduled delivery for Oct - Dec
- Credit Union financing
- No trade in (Selling my Dodge Charger and motorcycle)
- Using current insurance for order

Model 3 Performance (No Performance Upgrade)
Silver Metallic
18’’ Aero Wheels
Premium White Interior
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Delivery center to be Cathedral City, Ca. (Near Palm Springs)

Looking forward to the wait and F5 overuse injuries

Reactions: srharris22

Delivery went off without a hitch today! Two minor swirls on both rear quarter panels were buffed out onsite.

Ok, so it’s seems that fully decked out P3D white interiors with performance upgrade packages are getting contacted.
However seems those that have passed on 20” rims etc are getting moved to back of this line.
Also P3D non performance upgrade with black interiors are already getting delivery info

So it seems we are a unique breed right now, let’s band together and keep it updated!
I ordered my performance 3 with white interior, not performance wheel upgrade. Called one week later and told to schedule delivery. Just picked up today. 3 weeks between order and delivery for first time buyer and in Seattle.

Reactions: MikeATL and Sg911
I ordered my performance 3 with white interior, not performance wheel upgrade. Called one week later and told to schedule delivery. Just picked up today. 3 weeks between order and delivery for first time buyer and in Seattle.

What exterior color?

I'm jealous. Model S owner since 2013. Reserved online 3/31/16, ordered 6/26/18 Blue, White interior, Performance, Aeros, FSD.Not a peep from Telsa since 6/27 when my edit button went away.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911