Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what this is? It looks like sealant or adhesive to me. It’s on the glass roof of the Model 3 I’m supposed to take delivery of. It’s kinda rubbery to the touch.

Attachments

• 301F43FD-4194-4DC8-92AA-F28D5DEAE212.jpeg
    301F43FD-4194-4DC8-92AA-F28D5DEAE212.jpeg
    561 KB · Views: 96
My delivery date just move up to this Friday at 3pm, which is one week early!

PointlessResponsibleAmericancrayfish-size_restricted.gif

Since I submitted my final payment on 09/12 and car arrived at my local service center on 09/17, that means transportation only took 3-4 days to go from CA to Austin, assuming a day or two to clear the payment. That's pretty speedy! I was nervous because a number of other TX owners had their cars stuck in the rail yard for weeks at a time.

Last edited:
My delivery date just move up to this Friday at 3pm, which is one week early!
Since I submitted my final payment on 09/12 and car arrived at my local service center on 09/17, that means transportation only took 3-4 days to go from CA to Austin, assuming a day or two to clear the payment. That's pretty speedy! I was nervous because other TX had their cars stuck in the rail yard for weeks at a time.

Maybe that's why they wouldn't let me take delivery in Dallas. Totally ruined my plans for PPF/Tint/Ceramic in Dallas.

upload_2018-9-18_14-13-23.png

No, OK has weird laws about buying cars. Must be from a dealership.

I was told Dallas by other people, but they told me I can't do Dallas, I even requested it.

I'm very surprised about the turnaround.

I called driving home to ask if any change to my account, they said no. Moments later I got a text asking to schedule delivery. I now have the wiring instructions and a delivery date assigned.

My IDA finally got back to me after a week. Said my car is still on track to arrive in time for my 9/24 delivery. Seems like a long time to me...Considering it was delivered to Richmand, CA BNSF on 8/25. My tesla account shows my VIN and MVPA but still doesnt show my delivery date.

Reactions: CrazyCoconut
No, OK has weird laws about buying cars. Must be from a dealership.

I was told Dallas by other people, but they told me I can't do Dallas, I even requested it.

I'm very surprised about the turnaround.

I called driving home to ask if any change to my account, they said no. Moments later I got a text asking to schedule delivery. I now have the wiring instructions and a delivery date assigned.
Texas also bans direct Tesla sales as well, so we have to fully pay the car before Tesla will ship it out. Essentially it's a CA sale followed immediately by registration and title transfer to TX. We are allowed to pick up from TX Tesla service centers though. Maybe OK has even more restrictive laws.

took delivery today after a 1 day delay.
no real issues. AP wasn’t enabled. they pushed an OTA update to me within 3-4hours.

a bit of fog on the interior casing of each fog light (it was humid and rainy). if it persists i’ll have them look at it when they do the spoiler at some point down the road. car drives like a dream. have to go over the interior in more detail but all seems well.

mt kisco delivery

In any case, I think I would want to look over it thoroughly myself anyway. Good to hear you didn't have any major issues though! I plan to do some of the easier PPF install areas myself, then have my installer do the more difficult parts. Probably will do tint at XPEL though. You'll have to let me know how that goes. I've had PPF done at XPEL before, but not tint. They do a good job :)

Yes they do a good job but not a quick one. They told me to expect the car back on the 30th. That is 2 weeks for all the work. This is the second car that they are doing for me. Will update once I have the car back :(