Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I believe this chart will live-update as the spreadsheet changes. At the time of post, it's showing 15 reported VINs with 18" wheels (presumtively P-), all with black seats, and 14 reported VINs with 20" wheels (presumptively P+), all with white seats.

pubchart

(YMMV due to caching, etc., but I think it will work.)

• Informative
Reactions: outie and Grzesiak
This is the worst club...closing out another week of no movement. Trying to stay upbeat; but its hard... I've already "sold" my current car (BMW i3) to a family member and they are anxious to get it; I keep telling them I'll get a delivery date based on my current "most likely" estimate... sucks to keep pushing it back on them. (Is this how Tesla has been feeling?). Mid July I thought delivery early august, now I'm thinking late September at current rates.

This is the worst club...closing out another week of no movement. Trying to stay upbeat; but its hard... I've already "sold" my current car (BMW i3) to a family member and they are anxious to get it; I keep telling them I'll get a delivery date based on my current "most likely" estimate... sucks to keep pushing it back on them. (Is this how Tesla has been feeling?). Mid July I thought delivery early august, now I'm thinking late September at current rates.

You better take their money now before they change their mind and get an M3 and decide they don’t want the i3 anymore. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Lunarx
Well I just ordered a P3D+ with black interior on 7/28 and next day, got through the payment screen and don’t have an edit button anymore. But no VIN. Delivery listed as Sept to November.
Sold my model S so it sucks to drive an ICE now...

We can probably guess that the following is the best margin in order... <<< Don't forget there is a 3rd dimension!!

1. P3D+ WHITE
1. P3D+ WHITE - order3d before 7/1 to get free cellulr
2. P3D+ BLACK
2. P3D+ BLACK - ordered before 7/1 to get free cellular <<< me, blue, res 6/16/16, order 6/30/18
3. P3D WHITE
3. P3D WHITE - ordered before 7/1 to get free cellular
4. P3D BLACK
4. P3D BLACK - ordered before 7/1 to get free cellular

Here's a thought, guys. Maybe there is a shortage of 20" wheels. So, the highest-margin cars get the 20" wheels. As long as there is a SINGLE white-interior P3D+ car on the books, it gets built. Under these circumstances ALL the 18" P3D and P3D+white cars would get built sooner. But they might hold back the P3D+ cars with black interiors until every other P3D config is shipped and they have no orders of any other type!

My stretch was to upgrade AWD to P3D+ (but no enhanced-autopilot and no fsd).
I bet my car gets built in 2021!
My car is probably the lowest profit because every option includes physical, tangible, stuff in it.
It could be that most P3D+ cars with black seats also have far, far less software (no autopilot, no fsd)

Last edited:
Here's a thought, guys. Maybe there is a shortage of 20" wheels. So, the highest-margin cars get the 20" wheels. As long as there is a SINGLE white-interior P3D+ car on the books, it gets built. Under these circumstances ALL the 18" P3D and P3D+white cars would get built sooner. But they might hold back the P3D+ cars with black interiors until every other P3D config is shipped and they have no orders of any other type!

My stretch was to upgrade AWD to P3D+ (but no enhanced-autopilot and no fsd).
I bet my car gets built in 2021!
My car is probably the lowest profit because every option includes physical, tangible, stuff in it.
It could be that most P3D+ cars with black seats also have far, far less software (no autopilot, no fsd)
Eh, don’t think so. The P3 white interior Aero crowd is getting no love either. I think both groups will see movement in the next week or two. But that’s just a guess.

Same boat here.

Pulled trigger July 8th - odd date range Ik, but was cuz able to sell Model S at decent price. Was def a bonus to see free supercharging added after I decided. I missed the data cut off tho

Aug - Oct 2018 delivery estimate - no VIN

• Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
  • Pearl White Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • 20’’ Performance Wheels
  • Performance Brakes
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Performance Pedals
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
  • Enhanced Autopilot

Same boat here.

Pulled trigger July 8th - odd date range Ik, but was cuz able to sell Model S at decent price. Was def a bonus to see free supercharging added after I decided. I missed the data cut off tho

• Pearl White Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Performance Brakes
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Performance Pedals
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
  • Enhanced Autopilot
We have almost identical specs. Only difference is that I didn't take EAP. Ordered on July 10th.

Same boat here.

• Pearl White Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Performance Brakes
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Performance Pedals
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
  • Enhanced Autopilot
The fact that someone can order a P3D+ this July, and get the same delivery window as someone who reserved a “spot in line” pre-reveal 2.5 years ago is kind of annoying, but yet exciting at the same time. A new order with the same window proves that the P3D+ Black interior is still a priority build configuration, and within the next 2.5 months, we all should have one of these wicked machines.