Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked my account and the date range of delivery that use to say Aug 18th - Oct 18th now just says delivery by Oct 2018. So I guess that’s an update...

Me three, and much of October will not be good delivery days for me.

[...] I just got a call from my IDA to inform me that my car is ready for delivery. Specs are MSM P3D+/EAP/FSD/black interior. Current Model S owner, no reservation, placed order on 8/6/18, picking up from Fremont on 8/27/18.

Congrats and well wishes to @duc748, but this is slightly irritating. One-offs happen, but as a 3/31&6/26, it will be... irritating... if lots of non-res get their cars earlier for no evident reason.

Last edited:
Weird that everyone's dates got moved to "Oct" from Aug-Oct / Sep-Nov / Oct-Dec.

Let's hope that there is a positive for the wait. Back in 2016 when I was waiting for my MS there was a couple month delay and it turned out that they updated design. I would much rather wait a bit and have a better product than get it early and miss-out on something all-together.

Well, I can at least hope there is a good reason for the waiting :confused:

Since they moved me up to “by Oct” from Oct-Dec, I probably should have just added FSD. I’ve been holding off until a VIN so it wouldn’t delay my build. I’m not sure what the best course is on this now if they speed things up for the Ps.

Since they moved me up to “by Oct” from Oct-Dec, I probably should have just added FSD. I’ve been holding off until a VIN so it wouldn’t delay my build. I’m not sure what the best course is on this now if they speed things up for the Ps.

I guess your concern would be whether changing it would push you down in the que. I wonder if people who order today... still get put in this “by October “ category.

My guess is that they are doing this so that people interested in the P3D who have not placed an order yet still have hope of being able to get their car this year.

If they didn’t make this change, people ordering next month will see Nov-Jan estimates.

My guess is that they are doing this so that people interested in the P3D who have not placed an order yet still have hope of being able to get their car this year.

If they didn’t make this change, people ordering next month will see Nov-Jan estimates.

Maybe but your avg person who isn’t on the boards...doesn’t know this. The website still says ~2-4month delivery for all models.

Agreed. Are all of the only Oct. changes happening just to folks that had reservations, or does it include folks that ordered after June 26?
I reserved AND ordered after June 26th.

No talk of this Oct only thing happening over at AWD Thread. Must be for Performance only?
Maybe. Margins are higher for P. But volume wise it's low. Maybe Non-P AWD is now the focus...