Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 Order Placed - 1st Trip Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This site has been very informative and thanks to all who've given us feedback about the car. It's a very warm forum and we just love it here.

First thing we will do once we take delivery in about a month is take it to our boat house in Tahoe City in late October. Distance is approximately 2220 miles. Do you guys think we would need to stop for a charge considering elevation?

This site has been very informative and thanks to all who've given us feedback about the car. It's a very warm forum and we just love it here.

First thing we will do once we take delivery in about a month is take it to our boat house in Tahoe City in late October. Distance is approximately 2220 miles. Do you guys think we would need to stop for a charge considering elevation?

2220 miles? Dont think elevation will be your problem!?! Maybe you meant 222 miles? In that case maybe a small charge midway....

LOL, too much caffeine today, so a bit twitchy on the typing. Yes 220 miles. I'd rather not stop if possible, but I am unsure of how to calculate elevation's effect on range.

- - - Updated - - -

If I recall correctly, elevation is 7k.

To give you an idea, I used up about 40 rated range miles traveling about 17-18 miles with an elevation change of from 660ft to 3500 ft. And that was traveling at speed limits of 50 mph down to 20 mph.

And yes, Donner summit is quite close to 7k ft.

Charge up at least 80 miles range at Folsom to be sure. Actually, it shouldn't take that long to add 120 miles.

To give you an idea, I used up about 40 rated range miles traveling about 17-18 miles with an elevation change of from 660ft to 3500 ft. And that was traveling at speed limits of 50 mph down to 20 mph.

And yes, Donner summit is quite close to 7k ft.

Charge up at least 80 miles range at Folsom to be sure. Actually, it shouldn't take that long to add 120 miles.

Sounds like I will be making a short stop @ Folsom. Thanks for the tip!