Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend is trying to pick up an older 2013 - 2014 P85. The prices on the ev-cpo website are low. He said you can get them in the high $60k or low $70k range for a 2013 or 2014. Pretty good depreciation if you ask me in 2-3 years. That's a $30-40k price drop from MSRP.

He doesn't care about Autopilot and is willing to take an older rear wheel drive car without it. The only thing he really wants is blind spot detection. Is that option only available in the 2013 - 2014 models? If so, how can he tell if its available?

Last edited:
Unfortunately you can't get adaptive cruise control or blind spot detection without Autopilot. These require the autopilot hardware on the car, plus the autopilot package has to be enabled to get TACC and Autosteer (safety features are automatically enabled, but convenience features are not.)

Tesla started including the autopilot hardware on every Model S in the latter half of September 2014. If the car was built earlier than September 2014, it isn't going to have adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance, lane assist, or other features that use these sensors.

Last edited:
Thinking about selling mine (info in my sig) for a dual motor variant. It only has 7,800 miles on it and is wrapped in full-body paint armor (yes, it covers every inch of paint on the car to prevent against scratches and rock chips - $7,000+). I take care of my car as if it were my child (sad, but true). Let me know if he's interested.