Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90 (Not a typo) Feeler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tyson

Nov 13, 2016
IA
So I have a 2012 P85 (Now a P90) with ~85k on the clock but a brand new 90kWhr battery. It's about as loaded up as they came from that time. Pano, Tech pack, Sound Studio (UHFS). Have both 19" 5 spoke wheels with all season tires and 21" Axis Allies with summer tires. Link below to the thread where the swap was discussed. Wanted to see what the community thought this relative unicorn was worth. Thanks!

P85 Pack Replacement

Reactions: MINInDalila
Oh, and it's under full CPO until 100k.
Very cool! I used to have a 2012 P85 and absolutely loved it.
It was literally fully optioned and consequently flew off the shelf for $54000 with multiple offers when I put it on the market last year. I guess you get a few thousand above that for the extra range if your car is otherwise loaded.
Why only a few thousand? If Tesla has now run out of 85kWh batteries and has to put 90s in future warranty swaps, which there could be a lot of as A batteries continue falling apart before the 8 year mark. Heck, as a P85 buyer I might even prefer an A or B battery and bank on it going out in a couple years when there might only be 100kWh 130kWh batteries available for warranty swap :)

is there any benefit/upgrade with the 90 pack other than more range?
I am in the process of figuring that out. For sure the pack that is in there has the capability to output more current than that original 85kWhr pack did, especially the A rev. Also the A rev pack that was in this P85 was capped at 90kW when supercharging. The 90 gets the full 120, at least until the limiter kicks in after a good deal of supercharger use. But even then it's capped at 95kW so still better and the charge curve is better overall on a 90 pack vs the 85.

It was literally fully optioned and consequently flew off the shelf for $54000 with multiple offers when I put it on the market last year. I guess you get a few thousand above that for the extra range if your car is otherwise loaded.
Why only a few thousand? If Tesla has now run out of 85kWh batteries and has to put 90s in future warranty swaps, which there could be a lot of as A batteries continue falling apart before the 8 year mark. Heck, as a P85 buyer I might even prefer an A or B battery and bank on it going out in a couple years when there might only be 100kWh 130kWh batteries available for warranty swap :)
That's about what I was thinking. Though I don't know that they will put the 100kWhr batteries in as they change the weight of the car due to the increased cell count. That could cause safety concerns/liability issues. When the did the swaps from 90 to 100 on the last P90Ds after the P100D was announced they also changed the seats and did some other work so that it matched what was crash tested. Be interesting to see though!

That's about what I was thinking. Though I don't know that they will put the 100kWhr batteries in as they change the weight of the car due to the increased cell count. That could cause safety concerns/liability issues. When the did the swaps from 90 to 100 on the last P90Ds after the P100D was announced they also changed the seats and did some other work so that it matched what was crash tested. Be interesting to see though!
Yes it will be interesting. The 100 is only a few kg heavier so there won't be any practical difference for the car as such. It may be a regulatory issue, perhaps.
Although I have an electric Ford with a 23 kWh battery that got a warranty swap last year. Ford ran out of good 23 kWh batteries and had to put a 35kWh in. The dealer said it was much heavier but I don't think they would have done it if out of compliance.

I am not ready to sell right this second. I wanted to get a feel for the market on a slightly more unique model like this.

No real asking price. Seeing for what folks think it's worth/would pay themselves for a car like this.

Where did you advertise it? I'm going to list my 2013 P85 (48K miles, "B" battery), and was thinking to ask $54,900.