Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90 vs Rimac Concept One and LaFerrari

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish they'd tried the Ferrari against the P90D.
The narrator of the video states that the Tesla is a "P90D in Ludicrous mode".

I wonder if the Tesla driver really kicked the accelerator to the floor hard coming off the line, as people have a tendency not to apply maximum force on the pedal when trying to achieve the maximum acceleration.

That said, the Rimac is likely quicker than the quickest Tesla. Fair enough.

Video was rather amateurish in the sense that they made no attempt to gather quantitative data.

Makes me wonder how the V2 P90DL would have done in this race with it's extra 70 hp. Not enough to beat the Rimac in the 1/4 mile, but I suspect it would have matched the La Ferrari on it's second run(already beat it on the first).

I have no problem with a 2-seat BEV hypercar that costs $980,00 beating a BEV sedan that seats 5 and costs $130,000 by a fraction of a second in the quarter mile.

Amazingly, the Rimac and the latest Model S P90D Ludicrous have essentially the same 0-60 time.
In a world (drag racing) where a tenth of a second is huge a 9.92 actual ET is unbelievably great. The best real world time for Tesla just happened a couple of weeks ago with a light weight refresh car (no pano) and a 140 lb driver at 10.8. Prior to that it was over 11 seconds.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
I have no problem with a 2-seat BEV hypercar that costs $980,00 beating a BEV sedan that seats 5 and costs $130,000 by a fraction of a second in the quarter mile.

Amazingly, the Rimac and the latest Model S P90D Ludicrous have essentially the same 0-60 time.

I counted a solid 2 seconds. A V2 might have only lost by 1.5 seconds. Make no mistake, the Rimac is in a different universe being in the low 9s.

Reactions: GSP
I thought we were talking the 1/4 mile
See my post upthread, shown again just below. My "2.8" reference was in regard to the 0-60 time. Both cars have about the same 0pt0. The Rimac clearly bears the P90D in the quarter mile.

Amazingly, the Rimac and the latest Model S P90D Ludicrous have essentially the same 0-60 time

The narrator of the video states that the Tesla is a "P90D in Ludicrous mode".

I wonder if the Tesla driver really kicked the accelerator to the floor hard coming off the line, as people have a tendency not to apply maximum force on the pedal when trying to achieve the maximum acceleration.

That said, the Rimac is likely quicker than the quickest Tesla. Fair enough.

Video was rather amateurish in the sense that they made no attempt to gather quantitative data.
The Rimac's real competitor is the Roadster 2.0, being so performance focused at the expense of daily utility.
Once things settle at Tesla and Elon is free to indulge we will see a bullet-fast Tesla Roadster for those who want performance above all else.
Rimac is beautiful though, they've done great work.

The Rimac's real competitor is the Roadster 2.0
I understand you are projecting into the future, but with the next Tesla Roadster an unknown number of years in the future, I would not call it "real competition".

The Rimac is clearly the quickest and fastest production (very limited) BEV in the world. Kudos to them. Crazy expensive though.

See my post upthread, shown again just below. My "2.8" reference was in regard to the 0-60 time. Both cars have about the same 0pt0. The Rimac clearly bears the P90D in the quarter mile.

Right but I was responding to and quoting this: