Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90DL - Can Not Get Into Launch Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need help! I've read the user manual, and every post on here that I can find, and watched every video, but still cannot figure this out.

My understanding is push on the brake with the left foot, then hit the accelerator once to the floor and let off, then it will show you are in launch mode. I know I then push the accelerator to the floor and let off the brake, but I cannot even get that far. The absolute moment I touch the accelerator with the brake already depressed, the car shows the error about both pedals depressed. It doesn't matter if I push the accelerator to the floor quickly or slowly, or hold it there for a second or not, that error just stays on the screen and it doesn't enter launch mode.

I've also tried max battery power on and off, though others have said that does not need to be on in order for it to work.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss after two weeks of attempts.

I would ensure you are fully pressing the brake pedal and max battery power is on

You need to be in drive and at a complete stop with the steering wheel straight
Then fully press the brake pedal with your left foot.
While still pressing the brake with your left foot, fully press the accelerator pedal with your right foot, then release the accelerator pedal.
The instrument panel displays a message indicating that Launch Mode is enabled.
Within eight seconds, fully press the accelerator pedal a second time to pre- load motor torque, then within four seconds, release the brake.

the car shows the error about both pedals depressed

I'm sure you are right about release-brake and press-again, but in case relevant I had that error when I first tried Launch Mode and the reason was that I was not "standing" on the brake pedal [enough]

I don't use launch mode when demoing to friends as I think it gives the game away as the car hunkers down and grunts and groans on the brakes ... I do a countdown from 5 ... to ... 1 and I GO somewhere between 3 and 2 ... catches the passengers out every time :)

For me the chances are that I'm not on Max Battery either ... its only half a mile from my house to a perfect bit of test road, and usually we are going out for a run because someone said "Can we", rather than that I had thought about it and got prepared.

At a Drag Strip I'm sure I would want max batter and Launch Control etc. :cool: