Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pace of Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
70FDF8CA-C7C8-4070-9384-5B08647AEE41.jpeg
Is it just me or is the pace of updates really picking up?

I’m on my second Model S, a 100D AP 2.0. I waited to buy my first until AP 1.0 was released and it was an 85 (no D).

I was a beta tester with my 85 but they didn’t keep me in the program when I traded up. ~ Sigh ~

I’ve never seen so many updates hit the street so quickly and with so few disclosed enhancements.

My old AP 1.0 was/is still better than AP 2.x. The lack of automatic wipers is a step backwards. Automatic high beams don’t work nearly as well as they did. Still waiting for speed sensitive volume to come back out of beta too...

AP2 and AP2.5 cars will likely continue to get relatively frequent updates until the software achieves at least an acceptable level for AutoSteer.

Our S P85 is not seeing updates very often, and I suspect AP1 cars are likely also not getting as many updates as the newer cars.

And our S 100D is only getting updates every 4 to 6 weeks.

I’ve got a 2013 P 85, and have been getting updates more frequently than ever. No auto pilot, and the very early VIN. I think they’re just getting faster at their updates. Good to see!

In fact, I’m sitting in my car right now while an update happens. I was on 2017.40 - interested to see which I get this time.

Edit: On 2017.42 a88c8d5 now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: mattreidy