Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep seeing adds on TMC for a Portland based company called Alset Automotive. They specialize in paint correction and ceramic coating. They say they developed their own ceramic coating specifically formulated for Tesla paint. Just wondering if anyone on here has done business with them or knows anything about them. I've been thinking about having my car ceramic coated. ALSET AUTO

Hey ELECTROMAN. I'm Phil, the owner of ALSET Auto. Please let me know if you have questions about our process or products. As you mentioned, we work exclusively on Teslas and have developed our own proprietary coating which is made in the US (Ceramic Pro is made in Taiwan, CarPro CQuartz in S. Korea). We also list our all-in prices (paint, wheels, glass, interior and paint correction included) on the site and let you schedule using our online scheduler. We are pretty active on the Portland Tesla group on FB and have many reviews on Google as well. Lots more info on our site www.alsetauto.com. Check out the video we recently shot of our ceramic process at
. Always here to answer any questions you may have.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
Hey ELECTROMAN. I'm Phil, the owner of ALSET Auto. Please let me know if you have questions about our process or products. As you mentioned, we work exclusively on Teslas and have developed our own proprietary coating which is made in the US (Ceramic Pro is made in Taiwan, CarPro CQuartz in S. Korea). We also list our all-in prices (paint, wheels, glass, interior and paint correction included) on the site and let you schedule using our online scheduler. We are pretty active on the Portland Tesla group on FB and have many reviews on Google as well. Lots more info on our site www.alsetauto.com. Check out the video we recently shot of our ceramic process at
. Always here to answer any questions you may have.

Without giving away your trade secrets, could you explain why you developed something specifically for Tesla paint? Or how it’s better suited for Tesla paint?

(Like is it applied thicker since Tesla paint is so soft/thin clear coat? Does it cure better to the softer paint? Just can’t figure out why a custom ceramic is needed...)

Good question. "Big Name Brands" develop universal coatings to be applied to all clear coats, whether it's a Tesla or a Toyota. In many cases those same coatings are also being applied to boats, RVs, and motorcycles as well. It's not about what's best for one particular car brand's paint but rather what's good for all of them. Every car manufacturer's paint characteristics are different, particularly Teslas. Because we knew we were only going to be working exclusively on Teslas, we were able to test and tweak numerous coating formulas on Tesla factory paint to find what was most effective (gloss, hardness, leveling, curing time, longevity, hydrophobic properties, resistance to etching/water spots etc). Additionally our product contains 80% silica which is significantly higher than other brands. Normally this would make the coating almost impossible to apply because it would cure so quickly but the carrier agents we use extend the curing time so we can apply it without it becoming tacky. Hope this answers your question...

Good question. "Big Name Brands" develop universal coatings to be applied to all clear coats, whether it's a Tesla or a Toyota. In many cases those same coatings are also being applied to boats, RVs, and motorcycles as well. It's not about what's best for one particular car brand's paint but rather what's good for all of them. Every car manufacturer's paint characteristics are different, particularly Teslas. Because we knew we were only going to be working exclusively on Teslas, we were able to test and tweak numerous coating formulas on Tesla factory paint to find what was most effective (gloss, hardness, leveling, curing time, longevity, hydrophobic properties, resistance to etching/water spots etc). Additionally our product contains 80% silica which is significantly higher than other brands. Normally this would make the coating almost impossible to apply because it would cure so quickly but the carrier agents we use extend the curing time so we can apply it without it becoming tacky. Hope this answers your question...

Hmmm so I’m guessing you recommend that your ceramic only be applied to Tesla paint... and not over the top of PPF?

We use our coating on PPF regularly with great results. Same with the wheels (different product for glass and interior, nothing is manufacturer specific about those). I'm not suggesting that because we developed our ceramic product to be more effective on a particular surface that it is ineffective on others, just that our R&D and development went into making it a superior product when applied to Tesla paint. Other surfaces (and cars) can certainly benefit from the formula and silica content. We choose to work only on Teslas because we're owners and enthusiasts, not because they're the only cars the product will work on. Thx.

Hi, Redmond checking in, M3 SR+, delivered in June, 3k miles so far. Very happy with the car, seems very efficient, I average 219 watts per mile. Most recent long trip was to Manson WA, with a stop at Leavensworth supercharger. 2 free tesla destination chargers in Manson. Loved the drive, can't wait to get back on the road for a trip. Driving around town range is a non issue. Charging at home from 20amp 240 dryer outlet, no special installation was needed

Hi, Redmond checking in, M3 SR+, delivered in June, 3k miles so far. Very happy with the car, seems very efficient, I average 219 watts per mile. Most recent long trip was to Manson WA, with a stop at Leavensworth supercharger. 2 free tesla destination chargers in Manson. Loved the drive, can't wait to get back on the road for a trip. Driving around town range is a non issue. Charging at home from 20amp 240 dryer outlet, no special installation was needed
Welcome.

FYI: Winter is coming and the efficiency will take a hit. The colder it is the bigger the hit.

Welcome.

FYI: Winter is coming and the efficiency will take a hit. The colder it is the bigger the hit.
Thank you! will see. Our main family driver is a 2013 honda pilot (although after wexgot the 3 it is seeing a lot less use). I am really looking forward to something loke Rivian. Model Y maybe on a smaller side, and model X is not a good price/practicality combo fot us.

The Tesla pickup will be unveiled this fall and Ford has announced an all electric version of the F150. Tesla will likely keep the best long distance charging network for a while, so that's an advantage over the competition.

I expect when the Model Y comes out Tesla will switch over one or more of the Model 3 lines to Model Y. It's a much better fit for the current market.

I think Tesla shot themselves in the foot with the Model X. The windshield and falcon wing doors are two features that make people take notice of the car, but in day to day practical use, they are more a nuisance than practical for most people. The Model S/X are also bigger than most cars on the market. The Models 3/Y are the same size as some of the best selling cars in the US.

Monthly Teslas & Coffee meetup this Saturday, Oct 4th in Beaverton.
9am-11am(ish)
12130 SW Broadway St., Beaverton, OR

Just stop by and chat with fellow owners and enjoy some free Jim & Patty's coffee and donuts!

Last month there was even an appearance of a not-a-flamethrower!
IMG_1873.JPG
IMG_1860.JPG
IMG_1874.JPG