Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Hello to all you Pacific Northwest Owners ("PNO") out there! :)

I thought I would start a thread for all PNOs; a thread we all of us "locals" could communicate or share information relevant to our region.

Some background - In 2006 I purchased 2006 Mazda MX5 Miata (aka, "NC") and created a similar thread in the leading Miata forum (below). 13 years, and 10,589 member posts later, that thread is still going strong and tops the forum (#1) where it was placed - hence why I decided to create this one (to see if there is similar interest).

Pacific Northwest owners

Similar to that day, back in 2006, the sun out and it's a perfect day to detail and/or drive your Tesla! :cool:

Best to all! :)

Well, did you get it?! I assume so, because you would be posting here if still waiting - Bet you're out on the road with that new M3 right now! All the best! :)

Yes, I did and, yes, I was out driving when you posted this. Did about 50 miles after the pickup then tested the mobile connector to make sure it worked before I did too much driving. Then out for another 35 miles. It is a lot of fun to drive.

Still working on the seat setup, especially correct lumbar support.

Reactions: jebinc
Yes, I did and, yes, I was out driving when you posted this. Did about 50 miles after the pickup then tested the mobile connector to make sure it worked before I did too much driving. Then out for another 35 miles. It is a lot of fun to drive.

Still working on the seat setup, especially correct lumbar support.

Remind us again what version you purchased? Pictures?

EDIT: Congrats, BTW!

Remind us again what version you purchased? Pictures?

AWD (Dual Motor), FSD, white outside, black inside, 18" aero wheels. Not totally sold on the wheels yet but definitely would not get any bigger wheels. /45 profile tires are plenty thin for where I live.

Borrowed M3 overnight on Thu July 25.
Ordered it on return Fri July 26, just over a week ago.
Got call that it was arriving soon on Tue Jul 30.
Picked up today, Mon Aug 5.

Born on 7/9/19. Came so fast because I ordered what may well be the most common configuration.

Reactions: jebinc
AWD (Dual Motor), FSD, white outside, black inside, 18" aero wheels. Not totally sold on the wheels yet but definitely would not get any bigger wheels. /45 profile tires are plenty thin for where I live.

Borrowed M3 overnight on Thu July 25.
Ordered it on return Fri July 26, just over a week ago.
Got call that it was arriving soon on Tue Jul 30.
Picked up today, Mon Aug 5.

Born on 7/9/19. Came so fast because I ordered what may well be the most common configuration.

Congrats, you’ll love it!

Portland has an active Tesla group with a Facebook and Google Groups page and we have events throughout the year. I've thought it would be good to combine some events with Tesla owners further north.

PDX Tesla

I guess I'm a bit of an old hand at this point having had my Model S since 2016. Seeing other Teslas around town was rare when I first got mine, but now they're common. We went out running errands yesterday and my SO saw three Teslas while I was waiting to make a right turn off a freeway offramp. While she was telling me about it at the next light, I spotted a Model 3 she'd missed.

Between general eco consciousness in the region combined with $0.08/KWH electricity here it makes sense to get an EV. I estimated in my first 3 years of ownership I averaged $12 a month in "fuel".