Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, I would totally pay for some sticker or something saying I'm exempt from a front plate. They probably could generate another $100 or so off me a year if they offered that. I can't figure out how useful those front plates are for the police when new cars can go without them for what, 30 days, 60 days, and any car visiting the state from a home state without a front plate rule can run without it.

If there was a 3rd party that managed an electronic beacon that you just mounted somewhere (like the quick toll digital beacons) and it JUST transmitted local (100 foot range or something) license info about the car and not GPS location or speed or anything I probably would pay $100 or so a year for that option to get rid of a front plate!
One other use for front license plate - it is incredibly reflective (if you have a red dot laser pointer you can try it sometime when it's dark out, go out a shine the pointer at a license plate - even far away, if you have a steady hand and good aim, the license plate hit by the laser will light up really bright). It's the universal target the cops with lasers aim at to clock your speed. Without it, you have to train cops about what are good spots to laser different cars at.

I just wanted to check in as a new Model 3 owner as of the 22nd of November! My wife & I are super excited to be owners of a Tesla, and are hoping there are activities & events that we can be a part of on the eastern side of Washington State!

Portland has a very active owners club and I believe the Seattle area does too. I think there is something east of the mountains, but I'm not sure.

There are quite a few large lots where cars are staged after coming off of trains down there. I've noticed them more South of downtown Kent, but there may be some in Auburn too. Maybe that's what this means?

I don't know if Tesla has changed the way they do things, but last I saw they were shipping cars along the west coast via truck.

Reactions: goneskiian
I don't know if Tesla has changed the way they do things, but last I saw they were shipping cars along the west coast via truck.
True. I was just speculating as to why they would have them listed in Auburn.

While I haven't driven through the back lots of Overlake Mall lately (last year they were FULL of Teslas), maybe they've rented a lot down there to store vehicles awaiting delivery.

Yeah that's the weird part, all the other locations listed are actual stores, Auburn is like you said most likely a staging yard for CPO vehicles, and you can't really take delivery there, but they may send it to other Greater Seattle area stores without the $2000 charge.

Was wondering what all you PNW Model 3 owners are seeing for energy consumption (Wh/mile) in this weather. Please state what model 3 you have along with your Wh/mi number. For me, I'm running about 320 Wh/Mi now. In the summer, I run about 250-260 Wh/Mi.

~ 20 mile daily use, in town traffic, MR, aereo, 18 inch, 8 k miles. 280-290 wh/ mi this week. Usually cabin set to 68, seat heater on, often preheat cabin before first trip of the day. In the summer months same run is usually 190-220 wh/mi. Typically charging 50-60% overnight set to hit 60% at 8 am.

Reactions: jebinc
Was wondering what all you PNW Model 3 owners are seeing for energy consumption (Wh/mile) in this weather. Please state what model 3 you have along with your Wh/mi number. For me, I'm running about 320 Wh/Mi now. In the summer, I run about 250-260 Wh/Mi.

How much you run the heat will make a big difference in the winter. I try to remember to preheat the car while it's plugged in before leaving and run the heat as little as possible when out. It gets a little uncomfortable, but keeps the Wh/Mi down. On short trips I sometimes get Wh/Mi the same as my summer levels because I didn't run the heat at all.

How much you run the heat will make a big difference in the winter. I try to remember to preheat the car while it's plugged in before leaving and run the heat as little as possible when out. It gets a little uncomfortable, but keeps the Wh/Mi down. On short trips I sometimes get Wh/Mi the same as my summer levels because I didn't run the heat at all.
I tend to do as you do. Preheat and only use the seat warmers. I have a LR AWD w/HW3 FSD, so perhaps that's the difference.

According to Teslafi, I am at 332 wh/mi for December. I keep the cabin somewhat toasty in the winter (around 73F), and use the bun warmers on most drives. The acceleration boost purchase has not helped the metric lately either!

In August, I was at 283 wh/mi.

Reactions: goneskiian
Preheating only really helps if you are supercharging. If it's cold and you're plugged into an L2, pre-heating will just burn up all the power that is coming from the L2.
Think they were referring to cabin temp preheating. I'm also trying to figure the best way to manage power with regards to cabin heating. Turing off AC is usually a good thing in cars, but then you get foggy windows because the dryer isn't running. Same kind of happens when I use no air con and just seat heater, starts to fog up.