Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paid for FSD, when will I get the software?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else is in my boat. I figure a select few. We received delivery of our 2021 Model 3 with prepaid FSD on November 8, 2021, so well after FSD beta had been released. We keep hoping the software will one day show up but over a month later and nothing. Are we probably just out of luck until beta is complete? Asked around in other forums and the best responses I got were "probably on the next FSD update you'll get it." There have been at least 4 different updates since we received it. Again, just wondering if anyone else is in my boat. Or if anyone has received a new vehicle since beta was released and they got the software? (FTR I know how it works: first, receive the software update, second opt in, 3rd, drive 100 miles and achieve the threshold score, then receive beta access if granted by the Tesla gods--did I miss anything?)

• Funny
Reactions: dbldwn02
I have a 2017 model S that I bought from a previous owner, not through Tesla. Everything carried over from the original purchase including premium connectivity and self driving. I got the hw3 upgrade when it became available and paid for MCU2. I've been in the FSD Beta queue since it first became available and continue to have a 97-98% safety score. However, I still do not have the Beta FSD. Not sure how they can justify the latest $12k price when you don't even know if you'll ever get it.

I'm beginning to think Elon's time is in doge years.

Upvote 0
I have a 2017 model S that I bought from a previous owner, not through Tesla. Everything carried over from the original purchase including premium connectivity and self driving...I've been in the FSD Beta queue since it first became available and continue to have a 97-98% safety score. However, I still do not have the Beta FSD. Not sure how they can justify the latest $12k price...
Lots to unpack here.

First the MS/MX are now "legacy" vehicles overlooked for many technically possible features. See Pre-refresh S / X now officially known as “Legacy” in terms of software.

Second the camera updated for cars built starting roughly in Sept 2017. See door plate for manufacturer date. If you have the older cams, Tesla has said it will upgrade for free allowing beta FSD. But that's happening extremely slowly. See Wiki - [Promised Resolution] FSD’s earliest adopters find themselves again deprioritized and forgotten. It will likely take over a year for these to deploy at the current rate. There is a self-reporting link in post #1.

In other words, don't hold your breath.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Upvote 0