Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Color Code for the Grey 21" Wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone ever get the paint code for the grey 21 inch wheels, I just bought some "used" stock 19inch wheels with 2000 miles on them and have them at the shop for powdercoating, but Tesla hasn't provided feedback yet.

Only thing I could find online was this reference:

2014, Tesla, Name: Sonic Carbon, Code: NEU-106E and PPG:934723

PaintRef.com

Auto/Truck/Fleet Paint Cross Reference full site

found 1 paint color chip with a color name of "Sonic Carbon" sorted by year
(C) 2015 - PaintRef.com (paint sample hex codes, paint samples/examples, code alignment and table format)

Last edited:
Decided to go with PVD black chrome instead. http://Calchrome.com

image.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone ever get the paint code for the grey 21 inch wheels, I just bought some "used" stock 19inch wheels with 2000 miles on them and have them at the shop for powdercoating, but Tesla hasn't provided feedback yet.

PaintRef.com

(C) 2015 - PaintRef.com (paint sample hex codes, paint samples/examples, code alignment and table format)

Does anyone have the paint codes for the 21" Silver and Grey Model S wheels? Had a local shop here in the DFW area repaint all four wheels and they've come out as a Dove Grey color--way, way off.

The shop says they've never heard of a paint code for wheels, but, obviously, they exist. The site above has two that don't match the body colors so we'll have to assume they're for the wheels, but it would be nice to hear from someone who's already gone down this path . . . .

Thanks!

PaintRef.com

Guys is the new sonic carbon Color the same as the older name Grey? Not sure the 2 colours are identical as sonic carbon seems a bit darker and more gun metal than just the 21” grey of 2012-2016? Anyone can confirm this?

I’m trying to get my arachnids powder coated sonic carbon or close to midnight silver metallic

The 21” grey turbines seem to be a slightly diff hue than the current so im not sure the paint code above from 2014 would be the exact match.

Guys is the new sonic carbon Color the same as the older name Grey? Not sure the 2 colours are identical as sonic carbon seems a bit darker and more gun metal than just the 21” grey of 2012-2016? Anyone can confirm this?

I’m trying to get my arachnids powder coated sonic carbon or close to midnight silver metallic

The 21” grey turbines seem to be a slightly diff hue than the current so im not sure the paint code above from 2014 would be the exact match.

My Tesla OEM Grey Arachnids are a perfect match to Midnight Silver Metallic... :cool:

IMG_6848.JPG

Hi did you ever find the paint code match for the grey Arachnid’s? I’m looking for the same information.