Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint color discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if that is what others experience. Is it just me because I am a huge fan of this car? Or do other people (non Tesla owners) have this same experience when they unexpectedly see a Tesla in the wild?

I still stop and stare after seeing 100s of Roadsters by now.

Just tonight I was heading south on US 101 and did a major double take as I saw this car going the other way:
jove.jpg

Peculiar color, but it really stood out in traffic (without all the delivery tape on it anymore).

...Electric blue looks crazy nice - but I am afraid it may be too over the top in color - and was wondering if those who have seen it in person think it is an alright everyday color to have - or if the darker blue would be a safer color to go with.

Kevin,

I was fully prepared to buy the twighlight blue; sleek and elegant, it was definitely my color of choice. My wife, on the other hand liked the Electric Blue.

Sooooo... as a proud owner of an Electric Blue Sport I can give you a few insights.

[insert your own punchline here.]

Like you, my initial concern was that it would be over the top and look a bit like a cartoon car. With the tan interior, however, it is nicely softened yet still vibrant. The other interesting thing is how the Electric Blue looks with the exterior carbon fiber package. I really like the CF and think it brings a great deal of visual interest to the car. I recently saw a Twighlight/CF car, though, and I was surprised that the darker blue almost made the carbon fiber disappear. In fact, I didn't realize it even had CF until I was literally standing next to the car. The CF on the electric blue, on the other hand, is very noticeable but it also balances out the paint color. The blue takes on a more elegant look and really pops without looking cartoony.

I've attached some pics so please judge for yourself, but if you like the Carbon Fiber I'd definitely go Electric Blue. If not, choose whatever moves you.

Attachments

• IMG_4470.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_4470.JPG.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_4473.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_4473.JPG.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_4474.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_4474.JPG.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_4480.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_4480.JPG.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_4481.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_4481.JPG.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 811c.JPG.jpeg
    811c.JPG.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 811g.JPG.jpeg
    811g.JPG.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 183
Andy811 - I received my ELECTRIC BLUE roadster a few weeks ago - loving it!

The black rims make a good match on electric blue - I have them also....

Too bad the rear of my car now says TESLo...............part of the A came off when I was handwashing it........ not enough glue there I suppose......hopefully I can get another A.....

Too bad the rear of my car now says TESLo...............part of the A came off when I was handwashing it........ not enough glue there I suppose......hopefully I can get another A.....

Yes the rear TESLA logo is very fragile. They will sell you a new TESLA. If you are near a store they might have a spare single letter they will give you.

Last edited:
Kevin,

I was fully prepared to buy the twighlight blue; sleek and elegant, it was definitely my color of choice. My wife, on the other hand liked the Electric Blue.

Sooooo... as a proud owner of an Electric Blue Sport I can give you a few insights.

[insert your own punchline here.]

Like you, my initial concern was that it would be over the top and look a bit like a cartoon car. With the tan interior, however, it is nicely softened yet still vibrant. The other interesting thing is how the Electric Blue looks with the exterior carbon fiber package. I really like the CF and think it brings a great deal of visual interest to the car. I recently saw a Twighlight/CF car, though, and I was surprised that the darker blue almost made the carbon fiber disappear. In fact, I didn't realize it even had CF until I was literally standing next to the car. The CF on the electric blue, on the other hand, is very noticeable but it also balances out the paint color. The blue takes on a more elegant look and really pops without looking cartoony.

I've attached some pics so please judge for yourself, but if you like the Carbon Fiber I'd definitely go Electric Blue. If not, choose whatever moves you.

Well congrats on your new roadster. I have a similar opinion as you regarding the electric blue roadster. I thought it was too much/over the top on how bright it is. Seeing your photos put it in better perspective for me. I have seen the darker twighlight blue and I do agree its so dark that it does blend in with the carbon fiber.

Congrats on the car, sorry you lost your A**. :smile:

I received this link from tesla, when looking for pictures of the roadster in various colors, and pictures of the interior configurations.

http://picasaweb.google.com/TeslaHQ

As there is currently no car configurator online, i did have no idea what the difference was between premium leather and executive interiors. Pictures do help though.
Interesting. I recognize some of my own photos in that album.