Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint defects Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many of my friends who wrap their car to prevent the slightest scratch, chip or ding also paint their houses every 10 years or longer and don't give it a second thought. I totally understand why people opt for the protection but I feel happy just knowing it is going to happen and living with it until I decide I won't. I say that now because the paint job on my P90D was excellent. If it isn't on the new car I probably will go bonkers.

Thanks Zero!!
hi all, i just took delivery yesterday night and found out this morning that my car had tons of paint defects. Who do you guys negotiate with/notify about these issues? the delivery center just pointed me to the service center. I'm thinking about rejecting the car at this point or asking for compensation as mentioned by some folks on this thread

I may be wrong but believe if it's a new car (customized, not inventory) you have 72 days to find and report the defects and add it on the due bill? I would contact your owner advisor. My OA has been my main point of contact. It might take a couple of texts, but he gets back to me at some point.