Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint imperfection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a run or glob on paint on the side of the trunk. I have a service appointment Friday, I'm just torn on them trying to fix it and making it worse.

trunk.png

I'd have to buy the proper tooling and supplies..
You won't need any special tools, especially since it's s small area and in a location that isn't visible. Just get some really fine grit wet sand paper and sand it down. If you want to go all in, you could probably rub some scratch remover on the area and then some polisher. Since it's in a low visibility area you could probably just get away with wet sanding and be done with it. Easy and may cost you $5 in sand paper.

You won't need any special tools, especially since it's s small area and in a location that isn't visible. Just get some really fine grit wet sand paper and sand it down. If you want to go all in, you could probably rub some scratch remover on the area and then some polisher. Since it's in a low visibility area you could probably just get away with wet sanding and be done with it. Easy and may cost you $5 in sand paper.
I have service schedule for other gaps and misalignments, I'll let tesla decide.