Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Mismatch Survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I refused delivery on my White on White PUP today.

Very noticable paint mismatch on the drivers side rear door....

BTW. SC guy said my rejected car will go to the next customer in line, so buyer beware if this is your config and you suddenly get a VIN...

20200626_140740.jpg
20200626_140756.jpg
20200626_141009.jpg

Reactions: Ba2yev
They offered to repaint for me and include a loaner.

Matching the color is going to be difficult. Did they promise to pain the whole car?

I wonder how many people have to reject it before they decide it should be repainted?

As someone mentioned here, that car will go to the next less caring (if at all) customer on their waiting list. When I rejected delivery, a couple of people left looking happy in their white MYs with mismatching paint.

• Funny
Reactions: DennyL
Matching the color is going to be difficult. Did they promise to pain the whole car?

As someone mentioned here, that car will go to the next less caring (if at all) customer on their waiting list. When I rejected delivery, a couple of people left looking happy in their white MYs with mismatching paint.

No, there was no conversation about repainting. The SC guy first said he couldn't see any issue but offered to pull the car out to view in a different light which made it even more obvious. He took a picture and went off to discuss with his manager. Came back with no suggestion of fixing it, just putting me back in the queue. Said another customer would take it this weekend as a lot of cars were being rejected and reassigned this way.

Asked how I could be sure the next VIN I get assigned wasn't someone else's reject (could have been the case this time) and was told they can see on their system if that's the case and would make a note that I'd only be assigned new from factory.

Just be vigilant.... there was a dozen other defects on this car that were fixable but the paint was a dealbreaker for me...

Reactions: Ba2yev

BTW. SC guy said my rejected car will go to the next customer in line, so buyer beware if this is your config and you suddenly get a VIN...

View attachment 556749 View attachment 556750 View attachment 556751

Yikes. That one looks like absolute crap. I really hope with all the white rejections they'll figure this out before I take delivery in August. I'm so torn on this because I loveeeee white on white but I can't accept something like this.

View attachment 556749 View attachment 556750 View attachment 556751

Did you happen to get the build date... and vin? Im picking up a w/w PUP in VA Sunday. Build date 6/13/2020. (At least i know its not yours in NY since they already have mine at the NOVA location.)

Did you happen to get the build date... and vin? Im picking up a w/w PUP in VA Sunday. Build date 6/13/2020. (At least i know its not yours in NY since they already have mine at the NOVA location.)

VIN 11xxx
Build date post shutdown 6/2020 (from the sticker in the car)

Best of luck to you. Take a checklist and take your time. Very upsetting to wait so long to get such a poor quality product. No hesitation refusing this one. Pray the next will be better (could it be worse?) whenever that will be...

u8wo65fh9d751.jpg

I took delivery yesterday. VIN 13xxx, build date of 6/2020. I looked at several angles in different lighting and the paint was solid. I took pictures on my phone and reviewed (contrasting, brightening, darkening) and the paint checked out. There are 5 issues:
  1. Rear seats don't align perfectly (slightly off)
  2. Panel alignment (rear door window trim doesn't line up)
  3. Dust particles in the paint (1 or 2 on the inner doorsill of each door - not visible on exterior)
  4. 2 small paint chips
  5. Interior needs to be re-detailed (smudges on headliner, small scuffs on plastic panels, dirt on upholstery)
These aren't a big deal to me. Should be pretty straightforward fix at the service center. I scheduled a service appointment in a couple of weeks and uploaded 22 pictures documenting these issues. I was happy to see no other panel gaps or alignment issues. I've had the car for 30 hours and have driven it 115 miles. It's been nothing less than fantastic.

First order of business today was getting the windows tinted. Front's were tinted with Suntek ceramic (35%) and the sunroof with 3M nano-ceramic (50%). I took it to OC Tint Solutions in Costa Mesa and they did an awesome job. Best of luck for those waiting on the whites!

u8wo65fh9d751.jpg

I took delivery yesterday. VIN 13xxx, build date of 6/2020. I looked at several angles in different lighting and the paint was solid. I took pictures on my phone and reviewed (contrasting, brightening, darkening) and the paint checked out. There are 5 issues:
  3. Dust particles in the paint (1 or 2 on the inner doorsill of each door - not visible on exterior)
  4. 2 small paint chips
  5. Interior needs to be re-detailed (smudges on headliner, small scuffs on plastic panels, dirt on upholstery)
These aren't a big deal to me. Should be pretty straightforward fix at the service center. I scheduled a service appointment in a couple of weeks and uploaded 22 pictures documenting these issues. I was happy to see no other panel gaps or alignment issues. I've had the car for 30 hours and have driven it 115 miles. It's been nothing less than fantastic.

First order of business today was getting the windows tinted. Front's were tinted with Suntek ceramic (35%) and the sunroof with 3M nano-ceramic (50%). I took it to OC Tint Solutions in Costa Mesa and they did an awesome job. Best of luck for those waiting on the whites!
Has the ceramic tint made a difference?

u8wo65fh9d751.jpg

4. 2 small paint chips

nothing on the back or front windshield?

u8wo65fh9d751.jpg

4. 2 small paint chips

First order of business today was getting the windows tinted. Front's were tinted with Suntek ceramic (35%) and the sunroof with 3M nano-ceramic (50%). I took it to OC Tint Solutions in Costa Mesa and they did an awesome job. Best of luck for those waiting on the whites![/QUO
u8wo65fh9d751.jpg

4. 2 small paint chips

looks like the front is still a shade darker than the rear door. have other pics? still, doesnt seem as bad as others

Reactions: raggedy and Ba2yev