Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint on alloy failing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, Ive spotted this. I'm super confident I haven't kerbed it. Plus doesn't feel like it looks like that kind of damage.

Looking for opinions, looks to me like the paint could be failing? I had a search around but couldn't find anything similar.

I've had the car 12 months now and all the others are spotless.

Attachments

• 20210909_145447~2.jpg
    20210909_145447~2.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210909_145502.jpg
    20210909_145502.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 35
So, Ive spotted this. I'm super confident I haven't kerbed it. Plus doesn't feel like it looks like that kind of damage.

Looking for opinions, looks to me like the paint could be failing? I had a search around but couldn't find anything similar.

I've had the car 12 months now and all the others are spotless.

Doesn't look like failing paint to me. I would say that's the result of contact ... a kicked up stone or other debris from another vehicle most likely.

Yep it is a miracle to have it a year and that's the only damage. As the alloys are almost flat with the tyre, they are so vulnerable.

A mobile smart repair will be easy and low cost, remember it may happen again and so a repair that's almost perfect is probably good enough. Easy to Google for local mobile alloy repair and get several quotes and ask what the repair will look like.

Hi, did you find/get a repair? I have a very similar chip on just one of my front wheels. I have to give the car back to the work lease company soon (as I'm changing job), so don't want to get a more expensive bill for it. 🤔