Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panelling coming off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Collected my M3 LR today! Happy days!! Love the car already.

But... I’ve just come to charge tonight and noticed that the panelling next to the charger port/under the brake light isn’t flush and has come away from the car. I swear I didn’t notice this when I collected so it must have happened on the drive home at some point, but I’ve not hit anything or gone over any major potholes.

How do I go about getting Tesla to fix this? Am I likely to be out of pocket. I note the earliest they can come out and look at it is the 25th March (on the app) and I don’t fancy driving around in this weather with messed up panels. Any advice much appreciated!

Attachments

• 77852913-5CA9-4BF8-ACA2-7CD8E65C4255.jpeg
    77852913-5CA9-4BF8-ACA2-7CD8E65C4255.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 69
As above, but reiterating, get that service request in with photo as soon as you can, ideally before you do > 100 miles - might be tight to East Sussex and a bit of an excursion. You shouldn't have an issue, just may need to live with it for a while and have a bit of inconvenience. I would just check that its just alignment and won't come off in normal use though.

Reactions: ACarneiro
Hi all,

Collected my M3 LR today! Happy days!! Love the car already.

But... I’ve just come to charge tonight and noticed that the panelling next to the charger port/under the brake light isn’t flush and has come away from the car. I swear I didn’t notice this when I collected so it must have happened on the drive home at some point, but I’ve not hit anything or gone over any major potholes.

How do I go about getting Tesla to fix this? Am I likely to be out of pocket. I note the earliest they can come out and look at it is the 25th March (on the app) and I don’t fancy driving around in this weather with messed up panels. Any advice much appreciated!

Take it back to the service centre without an appointment not a big job to fit a bumper, tell them your worried it will fall off so can't drive it!

Reactions: Keeper