Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano Roof Jammed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced a jammed panoramic roof? When I try to open it, it begins to open but gets stuck and closes itself. When that happens, the UI shows it as in the "vent" position. Right not it's not perfectly closed, there's definitely a noise leak/aero issue. I've left a voicemail for Tesla, I believe service was option 2 on the ownership experience number.

Note for Mods: feel free to merge if there's an existing thread. I did a cursory search and did not find anything.

This was an issue with the initial release of software v4.2. I had the issue when I first got my car and it would start to open then close again. If I tried again the roof would open normally. It has been remeidied through subsequent software releases. I would call the Tesla number and hit two for service. It will connect you automatically to the nearest service center an you can bring it in.

Well, I've left two messages with Tesla Ownership (option 2) since Monday and haven't received any response.
I called the Scottsdale retail store and they're getting someone to call me back ASAP.

Not sure what is going on with the Ownership line, but 48 hours with no response seems a bit much for a "hotline".

My pana roof jammed while closing and CRACKED the "fixed" glass roof. I have to call service tomorrow. While I was driving I opened the roof and heard a loud POP and when I tried closing the roof it wouldn't close 100%. I tried 4x and finally it closed. The wind screen did not pop up as normal. After I arrived home I inspected the roof glass and both ends of the glass are cracked. I am afraid of opening it and not being able to close it again. I don't think the sunroof is a good design on the MS. The roof is too wide to handle the mechanism.

Last edited: