Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paramus Service Center Closed Indefinitely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would call Princeton directly or get in touch with the corporate sales people. Or, try to chat on tesla site.
Thanks. Got automated text and email this morning to pick delivery time between Wed/Thu/Fri. They absolutely refused to connect me to anyone at Princeton on the phone previously, multiple times. They also gave ZERO wiggle room on ability to move to home delivery or Springfield.

Praise for the staff at Paramus!!!
I was scheduled for delivery Sep 2 at 11 AM. We left early form over 60 miles away for fear of flood/traffic problems. The text warning us not to come was too late for our early arrival. When we arrived at 10 it was chaos, but Dave came over to us and explained what happened and that he would verify our car was OK at the offsite lot and that he would make sure that the car would be delivered to us ASAP. We couldn't pick up because the paperwork and temp tags were in the building and the FD was preventing entry until safety assured. Dave and the rest of the delivery crew are spending their holiday weekend delivering cars all over Northern NJ. We got our car Saturday with a very courteous delivery (outside of their normal delivery distance).
Thank you Dave.

Praise for the staff at Paramus!!!
I was scheduled for delivery Sep 2 at 11 AM. We left early form over 60 miles away for fear of flood/traffic problems. The text warning us not to come was too late for our early arrival. When we arrived at 10 it was chaos, but Dave came over to us and explained what happened and that he would verify our car was OK at the offsite lot and that he would make sure that the car would be delivered to us ASAP. We couldn't pick up because the paperwork and temp tags were in the building and the FD was preventing entry until safety assured. Dave and the rest of the delivery crew are spending their holiday weekend delivering cars all over Northern NJ. We got our car Saturday with a very courteous delivery (outside of their normal delivery distance).
Thank you Dave.
Really wish Dave had delivered my car instead of making me take an Uber down to Princeton..

I called yesterday since I am expecting delivery this month. They said they will be contacting folks by end of this week regarding upcoming deliveries to discuss pickup options. They understand asking people from NNJ to go to Princeton is not great... so I am hoping for a better option such as an at-home delivery. We shall see.

I called yesterday since I am expecting delivery this month. They said they will be contacting folks by end of this week regarding upcoming deliveries to discuss pickup options. They understand asking people from NNJ to go to Princeton is not great... so I am hoping for a better option such as an at-home delivery. We shall see.
Had a pleasant experience with at home delivery yesterday from Paramus.

Reactions: Big Earl
Picked up my new Model Y up today at Paramus.

All the stalls seemed to be working while I was there for my delivery.

Reactions: Big Earl
Getting a bit frustrated. Had appt for 9/4 @ 3pm at Paramus to pickup my M3 SR+. Then got cancelled due to Paramus implosion. Days later told would be picking up in Springfield instead. That dragged on for days. Then they told me car was in transit. They they told me car in transit to Paramus. Paramus telling me car won't be ready til next week or the week after that! What the heck happened?

I got the automated "Schedule your delivery" for Paramus on Saturday, but the site showed no appointment slots. I check once a day to see if they opened any but starting yesterday it just redirects me back to my Tesla account. Is there a local extension I can call to talk to Paramus directly? Or should I just be patient and wait for them to reach out? I figure they'll reach out as soon as they possible; I can only imagine the pressure they're under to get my car off the lot before the end of the quarter.

I got the automated "Schedule your delivery" for Paramus on Saturday, but the site showed no appointment slots. I check once a day to see if they opened any but starting yesterday it just redirects me back to my Tesla account. Is there a local extension I can call to talk to Paramus directly? Or should I just be patient and wait for them to reach out? I figure they'll reach out as soon as they possible; I can only imagine the pressure they're under to get my car off the lot before the end of the quarter.
I received the same text and email on Wednesday for my scheduled 9/11-9/17 delivery. There were never any times available and as of yesterday it directs back to my Tesla Account.

I received the same text and email on Wednesday for my scheduled 9/11-9/17 delivery. There were never any times available and as of yesterday it directs back to my Tesla Account.

Yeah, mine redirects to my account as well. This post suggests that it's going to be out of commission for a while...

I was just there.
The roof collapsed (I think entire roof) and the pressure blew out the front showroom window by Route 17.
No injuries (thankfully).
This was caused by Hurricane Ida - about 6 inches of total rain and 3 inches in 1 hour.
Drainage overwhelmed the roof, and water's pretty heavy.
They are doing some repairs but this will be out of commission several months.
I was lucky that the work I needed done (back glass developed a stress fracture) could be done outside and they had the part.

PARAMUS UPDATE & NOOBY DELIVERY EXPERIENCE

I took delivery on my new Model 3LR Saturday (11 Sept). Delivery was originally scheduled for 4 Sept, and then cancelled after the flood.

Since we live in New Hampshire -- where there is no delivery point -- I had some travelling to do. Flew in to EWR and took NJT to Ridgewood, then walked. To be sure I'd make my appointment I booked 4PM -- which made me a little nervous since that was the last slot available until Monday morning. An email from Tesla told me that due to the damage at Paramus I should not expect the car to be detailed, or charged any more than 50%.

Got there at 3PM, and the car wasn't on the lot yet. The youthful Tesla delivery staff was flying around the parking lot on skateboards and Onewheels, apparently working out of someone's (Tesla) car. There was no trailer, or other temporary shelter that I could see.

Someone greeted me right away, and called for my car which was offsite being cleaned up. He asked me to wait for 20 or 30 minutes.

So I walked around the lot. Almost all the cars tagged for delivery were M3LR like mine. I didn't see a MY, and maybe only one or two M3SR+. Not sure if that is just what is coming through at this point in the manufacturing/delivery cycle, or whether the other models were being delivered from Springfield, Mt. Kisco or another site that is helping relieve Paramus.

The building was completely fenced off, and construction workers were in there on the job even though it was Saturday. I couldn't really assess the damage. There is a stream right next to Tesla, and that whole area is quite low-lying and filled with little water courses. The stream was now barely a trickle, but there was obvious flooding of vegetation up to the top of the bank. The guardrail that keeps you from driving into the stream was pushed over, as if badly hammered by something. Perhaps it was flood damage, though it seemed to be more than moving water would do unless large pieces of floating debris were involved.

The Supercharges were all in use, and apparently working fine. The little landscaped area behind them appeared completely unaffected by flooding.

My car arrived as stated. My Delivery Assistant was efficient and cheerful. He found a free charger and plugged my car in to top off the battery. Then he took my check for the $6 that was due (supposedly they can accept personal checks up to $100), and told me how to find Bluetooth pairing on the big screen, how to accept the delivery on my phone, and that if I found defects I didn't have to report them to the team there, in fact I didn't have to report within 100 miles since NH is obviously a lot further than that. He implied I shouldn't worry since Tesla would have my back. Then he congratulated me and took off.

I spent the next couple of hours obsessively going over the car and checking everything on my 63 item delivery day checklist. It was all just fine, in fact it was beautiful. (I never would have noticed that the rear door handle, compared to the front door handle, is slightly below the plane of the door if I hadn't been tipped to look for that. In retrospect, though fun, all this fine scrutiny was probably a bit overboard. I've been an EV owner and traveler for 4 years, but in Chevy BoltEV. In retrospect, I probably was was overly influenced by the complaint that I'd frequently heard, to the effect that Tesla is "the best car ever made, and the worst car ever manufactured".)

By the time I drove out of the lot, all the staff had long since gone home. Quite a few random tourists drove into the lot. I couldn't tell whether they were there to gawk at the Teslas or to check the damage after all the news coverage of the roof collapse.

What a thrill the drive home was, beautiful sun as I crossed the Hudson, and a sweet evening for my cruise across New England. Love the car.

PS: I made one charging stop -- at the Charlton, Mass Supercharger. My BoltEV charged at a max of 35-45 kW. I plugged the Tesla in and I almost fell over when the screen lit up and said 188 kW ! Barely had enough time for a bathroom break, a cup of coffee, and a quick photo.

I took delivery on my new Model 3LR Saturday (11 Sept). Delivery was originally scheduled for 4 Sept, and then cancelled after the flood.

Since we live in New Hampshire -- where there is no delivery point -- I had some travelling to do. Flew in to EWR and took NJT to Ridgewood, then walked. To be sure I'd make my appointment I booked 4PM -- which made me a little nervous since that was the last slot available until Monday morning. An email from Tesla told me that due to the damage at Paramus I should not expect the car to be detailed, or charged any more than 50%.

Got there at 3PM, and the car wasn't on the lot yet. The youthful Tesla delivery staff was flying around the parking lot on skateboards and Onewheels, apparently working out of someone's (Tesla) car. There was no trailer, or other temporary shelter that I could see.

Someone greeted me right away, and called for my car which was offsite being cleaned up. He asked me to wait for 20 or 30 minutes.

So I walked around the lot. Almost all the cars tagged for delivery were M3LR like mine. I didn't see a MY, and maybe only one or two M3SR+. Not sure if that is just what is coming through at this point in the manufacturing/delivery cycle, or whether the other models were being delivered from Springfield, Mt. Kisco or another site that is helping relieve Paramus.

The building was completely fenced off, and construction workers were in there on the job even though it was Saturday. I couldn't really assess the damage. There is a stream right next to Tesla, and that whole area is quite low-lying and filled with little water courses. The stream was now barely a trickle, but there was obvious flooding of vegetation up to the top of the bank. The guardrail that keeps you from driving into the stream was pushed over, as if badly hammered by something. Perhaps it was flood damage, though it seemed to be more than moving water would do unless large pieces of floating debris were involved.

The Supercharges were all in use, and apparently working fine. The little landscaped area behind them appeared completely unaffected by flooding.

My car arrived as stated. My Delivery Assistant was efficient and cheerful. He found a free charger and plugged my car in to top off the battery. Then he took my check for the $6 that was due (supposedly they can accept personal checks up to $100), and told me how to find Bluetooth pairing on the big screen, how to accept the delivery on my phone, and that if I found defects I didn't have to report them to the team there, in fact I didn't have to report within 100 miles since NH is obviously a lot further than that. He implied I shouldn't worry since Tesla would have my back. Then he congratulated me and took off.

I spent the next couple of hours obsessively going over the car and checking everything on my 63 item delivery day checklist. It was all just fine, in fact it was beautiful. (I never would have noticed that the rear door handle, compared to the front door handle, is slightly below the plane of the door if I hadn't been tipped to look for that. In retrospect, though fun, all this fine scrutiny was probably a bit overboard. I've been an EV owner and traveler for 4 years, but in Chevy BoltEV. In retrospect, I probably was was overly influenced by the complaint that I'd frequently heard, to the effect that Tesla is "the best car ever made, and the worst car ever manufactured".)

By the time I drove out of the lot, all the staff had long since gone home. Quite a few random tourists drove into the lot. I couldn't tell whether they were there to gawk at the Teslas or to check the damage after all the news coverage of the roof collapse.

What a thrill the drive home was, beautiful sun as I crossed the Hudson, and a sweet evening for my cruise across New England. Love the car.

PS: I made one charging stop -- at the Charlton, Mass Supercharger. My BoltEV charged at a max of 35-45 kW. I plugged the Tesla in and I almost fell over when the screen lit up and said 188 kW ! Barely had enough time for a bathroom break, a cup of coffee, and a quick photo.
Thank you for the detailed report about Paramus! Glad to hear they're still doing deliveries, but if it's not there, I wonder where my Model Y is...

Would you mind sharing your 63 item checklist?

Congrats, in meantime my car that was also originally scheduled for 9/4 has again been pushed out to 9/18 - 9/22. Exasperating!