Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you had your new service appointment yet? Any luck?
The service center rep called me a couple of days ago and said they read my posts on this forum and on Reddit. He differentiated my car from everyone else’s experience and said that the front harness was checked and there were no issues. He again stated that I need to wait for a firmware upgrade and to check back in a couple of weeks. SMH

The service center rep called me a couple of days ago and said they read my posts on this forum and on Reddit. He differentiated my car from everyone else’s experience and said that the front harness was checked and there were no issues. He again stated that I need to wait for a firmware upgrade and to check back in a couple of weeks. SMH
It's nice that Telsa reads these open forums and actually tries to address the issues.

Reactions: gadelrosario
Bummer. You might want to escalate like I did. Up to you of course. Do a search for Tesla regional manager Los Angeles

Reactions: gadelrosario
Had the same problem, Tesla fixed it (after 4 svc visits). Solution as follows: They put a monitor on the parking sensor wiring and noticed it was picking up a signal whenever the air conditioner compressor turned on. They wrapped the wiring to shield it until it no longer picked up that signal and voila! I've had the car back for two months with no failure. Anyone that's frustrated with this please show them this post. It was fixed at Tesla in Temp AZ and svc call was closed May 19, 2022 last 6 digits of my vin 473251. 2022 Model S. Hopefully, this helps.
mine comes on with the AC on or off... so im still under warranty and Tesla wants to charge me to have a mobile hack inspect the car... WTF?

I JUST HAD A RUDE AWAKENING... TESLA CAME TO LOOK AT MY SENSOR ISSUES AND BECASUE TESLA HAS RECENTLY UPDATED THEIR SENSOR AREA SWEEPS, MY FRONT LICENSE PLATE OF WHICH I MOVED TO MY TOW HOOK AREA ON THE DRIVER SIDE GETS DETECTED IN THE SENSOR SWEEPS!! I KNEW TO KEEP IT AWAY FROM THE SENSORS A YEAR AGO WHEN I INSTALLED IT BUT NOW THE SENSORS CAN DETECT IT... CRAP...

GONNA TRY A 45 ELBOW TO MOVE MY PLATE UP SLIGHTLY...

I’ve been getting the park assist unavailable message for the last couple of days. I don’t see any obstruction of the cameras and more annoyingly. I can’t dismiss the message it just stays on screen. I’m about to go on a road trip where I won’t care much, but if it doesn’t fix itself, I’m certainly gonna be discussing this with Tesla service when I get back.