Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

park button not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It works first time after reset of instrument panel, then it stops working. Same with complete power off. Sounds like software issue to me, not hardware, but surprising nobody else has encountered this. Was advised to try to contact vehicle support. Which closes 10pm PST. which I believe is 3pm local time. Missed it today, will have to try tomorrow.

Still not getting anywhere with this. Sent numerous emails to Tesla support, no response. Tried calling vehicle support, but gave up after waiting an hour on hold (I was told 30 minutes...). This happened on the update to version 9, the update to version 10 didn't help. I have sent tweets to Tesla and Elon Musk. Any ideas on how I get Tesla's attention?

There have been incidents were I have accidentally started leaving the vehicle not in park. Under some conditions not even opening the door will automatically put it in park, or it will happen after the car starts rolling. So I consider this dangerous and a safety issue that needs to be fixed.

Still not getting anywhere with this. Sent numerous emails to Tesla support, no response. Tried calling vehicle support, but gave up after waiting an hour on hold (I was told 30 minutes...). This happened on the update to version 9, the update to version 10 didn't help. I have sent tweets to Tesla and Elon Musk. Any ideas on how I get Tesla's attention?

There have been incidents were I have accidentally started leaving the vehicle not in park. Under some conditions not even opening the door will automatically put it in park, or it will happen after the car starts rolling. So I consider this dangerous and a safety issue that needs to be fixed.
If you get out (take pressure off drivers seat) it will put itself in park. If you push and hold the button on the right hand stalk it will put the handbrake on.

"If you push and hold the button on the right hand stalk it will put the handbrake on" --- errr, read the thread. My complaint is that this isn't working.

"If you get out (take pressure off drivers seat) it will put itself in park." - I think I addresses this in my previous post. Once as I started to get out of the car, it started rolling backwards after I put my foot down on the ground because the park brake did not come on in time.

Maybe make a soonest booking with the app. Not sure about melbourne, but in adelaide that generally gets a call back the same day especially if you suggest a computer glitch, as that can be fixed over the air.

Tesla say they found "internal open circuit in park button switch" and that they "fit new SCCM [Steeling Control Column Control] and tested". Which is truly bizarre, as all indications was that it was a software fault, not a hardware fault, as it worked immediately after a power down first time only. Fingers crossed.

We also had some other things done such as adding a new key fob. We told the service center that we had two keys (one was missing now found again) and we wanted to keep those keys active, and add a new key. This point was made very clearly. Unfortunately they didn't ask for one key and it doesn't work anymore. So am worried that we might have to try to arrange yet another visit to Tesla service to fix.

Tesla say they found "internal open circuit in park button switch" and that they "fit new SCCM [Steeling Control Column Control] and tested". Which is truly bizarre, as all indications was that it was a software fault, not a hardware fault, as it worked immediately after a power down first time only. Fingers crossed.

We also had some other things done such as adding a new key fob. We told the service center that we had two keys (one was missing now found again) and we wanted to keep those keys active, and add a new key. This point was made very clearly. Unfortunately they didn't ask for one key and it doesn't work anymore. So am worried that we might have to try to arrange yet another visit to Tesla service to fix.
Its normal with digital car keys that all have to be programmed together. You can use the app to unlock and start your car remotely......presume you are across that?

Yes, I was aware that all keys have to be programmed together, and made sure that my parents (who took the car in) had my key too, just for this reason. The person at Tesla service that my parents talked to didn't seem to recognize the need to reprogram a working key however, and never asked for the 2nd key. Their attitude was "good, you still want that key to work, that means we don't have to reprogram it".

Yes, I was aware that all keys have to be programmed together, and made sure that my parents (who took the car in) had my key too, just for this reason. The person at Tesla service that my parents talked to didn't seem to recognize the need to reprogram a working key however, and never asked for the 2nd key. Their attitude was "good, you still want that key to work, that means we don't have to reprogram it".
Sorry misunderstood your earlier post. All clear now.