Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Seek Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(moderator edit) If you compare 10.69 to previous versions you’ll see how much of a leap it is. FSD used to not even drive in parking lots just a few months ago.

'Improving a lot' vs being 'good right now' are two very different things. I'm certainly happy that FSDb is improving, but if you were to give the car to someone who had no historical context of its performance and have them evaluate FSDb's ability, it won't be pretty. You have to acknowledge that.

The Dirty Tesla vid you shared showed great improvement from pre-v10 FSDb, but it's still really bad. I don't plan on activating it in a parking lot for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Improving a lot' vs being 'good right now' are two very different things. I'm certainly happy that FSDb is improving, but if you were to give the car to someone who had no historical context of its performance and have them evaluate FSDb's ability, it won't be pretty. You have to acknowledge that.

The Dirty Tesla vid you shared showed great improvement from pre-v10 FSDb, but it's still really bad. I don't plan on activating it in a parking lot for a while.
Not so sure about that. I'm only a few weeks into FSDb and it performs much better than I expected. Def needs improvements, but it's pretty solid for the large majority of my drives

Not so sure about that. I'm only a few weeks into FSDb and it performs much better than I expected. Def needs improvements, but it's pretty solid for the large majority of my drives

1665155791176.png

Usually individuals who polute these threads with negativity have an axe to grind with Tesla. This makes sense.
You're literally posing in a thread started by someone asking about the status of park seek mode, which was first advertised 6 years ago as something every car would be able to do shortly. The discussion is now "well, FSD is getting better, so hopefully soon!"

I think you'll find another common thread with "negativity" is how long they have owned their cars, and how many promises Tesla has broken to them, handing those individuals those axes.

You're literally posing in a thread started by someone asking about the status of park seek mode, which was first advertised 6 years ago as something every car would be able to do shortly. The discussion is now "well, FSD is getting better, so hopefully soon!"

I think you'll find another common thread with "negativity" is how long they have owned their cars, and how many promises Tesla has broken to them, handing those individuals those axes.
At least do some research. The only reason park seek mode was brought up again was because it was discussed at AI day and will be coming out by the end of the year

PSA to future Tesla owners considering purchasing FSD:

FSD is not promised to be delivered by any specific time and it might never be delivered. Do not purchase FSD unless you're willing to wait indefinitely. Enjoy the car and use the $15k to buy TSLA

You're welcome

FSD is not promised to be delivered by any specific time and it might never be delivered.
More importantly, actual autonomy isn't promised AT ALL.
Read what you are buying. All that is promised is City Streets Autosteer. Which is what FSD beta is now, and probably beyond.
It doesn't matter that the label is "Full Self Driving." The specific features listed are just what you have now. Any real autonomy they release in the future can require a completely new hardware suite, completely new SW purchase, or completely new car. You're not owed any of that. You have not been promised that.

The only people owed L4 autonomy are those that purchased before HW3 / April 2019, and are the ones least likely to have even been given FSD beta at all, and have been told to pay more for hardware if they want what they paid for. That should tell you all you need to know about your chances of your $15k "purchase" getting you anything more than the current "beta".

Last edited:

FSD is not promised to be delivered by any specific time and it might never be delivered. Do not purchase FSD unless you're willing to wait indefinitely. Enjoy the car and use the $15k to buy TSLA

You're welcome
Yes, but the (hands on, and quite knowledgeable and quite honest) CEO of Tesla did state within the following:

"Tesla CEO Elon Musk said during the Q4 2021 Earnings Call that he is confident the company’s Full Self-Driving suite will be finished by 2022.

Musk was extremely confident in his prediction, stating he will be “shocked” if Tesla does not complete FSD by the end of the year."

Yes, but the (hands on, and quite knowledgeable and quite honest) CEO of Tesla did state within the following:

"Tesla CEO Elon Musk said during the Q4 2021 Earnings Call that he is confident the company’s Full Self-Driving suite will be finished by 2022.

Musk was extremely confident in his prediction, stating he will be “shocked” if Tesla does not complete FSD by the end of the year."
LOL. The full quote:
“I would be shocked if we do not achieve Full Self-Driving safer than human this year. I would be shocked.”

Humans are 1:500K miles per accident and 1:100M per fatality. On ALL roads, all conditions.
Tell me, do you think FSD can do 50 miles without an intervention today? Because if you do, Tesla only needs to get 10,000X better in the next 80 days to meet his prediction. Remember, he also said "3 months maybe, 6 months definitely." in 2017. I'm sure we're close this time though.

Of course, what he really means is that with a human driving the car and monitoring L2 FSD, it might finally be safer than a human. Which is interesting, because that means they have data that the current FSD is actually more dangerous and they are putting the public at risk with their "beta."

It’s just amazing that even after so many times people praise how amazing it was after a new version of FSD came out, FSD is still so amazingly far from practical. It kind of tells you how an amazingly big gap there is between reality and promises.

The more you say “this version has improved so much since the last one”, the more you realize you are in a perpetual 2-years-away-from-release hole.