Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Assist Unavailable after 2023.6.9 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the warning light came on this morning on my way to work. my area is raining, could the parking assist warning came from the rain or the software update? Reddit is mentioning they pushed out some new Vision parking feature and some of them are seeing the same warning after the latest software upgrade. anyone wants to chime in? My car is a 2023 MYP.

Reactions: DadRS99
the warning light came on this morning on my way to work. my area is raining, could the parking assist warning came from the rain or the software update? Reddit is mentioning they pushed out some new Vision parking feature and some of them are seeing the same warning after the latest software upgrade. anyone wants to chime in? My car is a 2023 MYP.
I’m in the same boat.
16413E35-50D5-456F-B819-7808A5A69122.jpeg

I got the update last night for my MY without sensors.
I now have the vision park assist - at least some of the time - I too have seen the Park Assist unavailable message several times today.
However, having been sat in several queues, the amount of Bongs, Beeps and STOP messages was impressive.
I was trying to listen to an audio book, but had to stop it until I got out of the traffic, as I kept missing bits!
I cant find any way to disable this??

Hopefully they will provide another update to stop this - but I’m not sure how the car would know if I’m trying to park or just stuck in traffic.

Reactions: glovelace
To the folks observing this issue - do you all have non-USS cars, had the vision-based Park Assist available for a while and then unavailable now?

I'm trying to find out if I should be concerned about existing USS being disabled in software.

To the folks observing this issue - do you all have non-USS cars, had the vision-based Park Assist available for a while and then unavailable now?

I'm trying to find out if I should be concerned about existing USS being disabled in software.
Yep, I’ve a USS-less MY. Downloaded and installed 2023.6.9 yesterday and all I’ve got is a warning that ‘Park Assist is unavailable’. It’s never worked.

As for USS being disabled at some point … 🤷‍♂️

Yes. USS-less MY here also.

Guys, service helped me on this one, let me know if this helps you. Go to autopilot, and turn off all the self driving stuff (even if you only have autopilot, like me). Save, then check to see if the feature is there.

For me, I went and disabled autopilot, rebooted the computer (double scroll wheel press until screen restarts) and then went back into autopilot, which was on again, and disabled it again. Once I knew it was off, I checked and park assist was back! I then turned the autopilot features back on and it stayed fixed.

The service person said this often happens, and this is the fix. Let me know if it helps you.

Guys, service helped me on this one, let me know if this helps you. Go to autopilot, and turn off all the self driving stuff (even if you only have autopilot, like me). Save, then check to see if the feature is there.

For me, I went and disabled autopilot, rebooted the computer (double scroll wheel press until screen restarts) and then went back into autopilot, which was on again, and disabled it again. Once I knew it was off, I checked and park assist was back! I then turned the autopilot features back on and it stayed fixed.

The service person said this often happens, and this is the fix. Let me know if it helps you.
Thank you! Will try this weekend. I have a mobile service appointment first thing Monday if it doesn't.

Reactions: Spinkick
Yeah when I start the car it has say parking assist unavailable or
parking assist loading . (And it's done this several times )It has showed up as side hazards while driving to.
Which is good I think. It's sort of a Beta release I guess. I have only had my car
9 days but it's better than nothing as a hazard warning. It's kinda funny the
way the lines are all squiggly for some things.

my download wasn't that long but the update took 40 or 50 minutes maybe because
the car had to come all the way from 11.1.2

I'm on the same boat here.
Got my new MYSR 2 days ago, updated it overnight and now get the same park assist warning.
Tried resetting the car to factory settings and recalibrating again. Did not help.

Hope they release a new update to fix this.

Thanks for the tip. Downloaded 2023.6.9 yesterday, and get the park assist unavailable error. Unfortunately your instructions aren’t working for my 2023 M3LFP. Total Tesla noob here, so I may not be understanding your instructions fully. I am not sure what you mean by turning off autopilot. That doesn’t seem to be an option in the autopilot menu. I don’t have advanced autopilot or FSD, but oI turned off everything in the autopilot menu that I could. Did the reset twice, but still getting the error.

Reactions: Spinkick
It was only about 48 hours ago that I was finally able to download the software update for our 2023 Model Y LR that gave us Park Assist. At first it just didn't work. I was told it was unavailable in the error message pictured by some others who have posted. Further it was indicated that cameras were a problem. So I used a pressurized water spray to clean the car (side comment: I am still intimidated by the idea of washing the car with the wrong chemicals that can begin deterioration of camera lens clarity - I need to better research that before I use more than clean city water). So after the washing I did get some limited function from park assist. But I was still getting messages of unavailability at times and complaints about my front camera(s) where I had really done a long blast of water on the windshield through which they look. I resolved to carefully hand clean the windshield there. But after the car had been parked outside for some time, when I got in next to drive there was no problem. No further cleaning was done and the unavailability problem was gone. I have not had any unavailability messages at all for over a day. And there was snow on the car overnight, cleared by car's defrost function - no wiping done, but probably my wife used wipers. So this morning after my wife returned from shopping I drove it and out of the garage for the first time. The garage has only an 89 inch opening. I found the guide lines from park assist not to be very useful, initially, and they portrayed virtual contact for the car on either side. Further I was instructed to STOP the car prematurely relative to where I like to park the car. It seemed to want over 16 inches clearance in front while I like perhaps 12 inches to give a bit more room in the back. My sense is that the system is using the computer algorithms to learn by experience, and my expectation is for it to get progressively better. I think that is a big factor in the complete disappearance of unavailability messages. I did not feel the cameras were obscured even before washing the car. I'll report back on future developments.

Last edited:
Thank you for trying to share. I tried what you suggested yesterday, but no luck.
I have contacted the support. I heard there is several different versions of 2023.6.9 depending on hardware or something ?
I took delivery of my new ModelY 1 or 2 weeks ago.