Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Assist Unavailable after 2023.6.9 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, Tesla service asked me install an updated version, which was also numbered 2023.6.9. This did not solve the issue.

I am also getting 'Autopilot unavailable' warning as well.

I'm wondering if I should recalibrate the cameras.
About 1 month ago I was getting auto pilot errors too. Tesla replaced the MCU left computer to get it to work. A month later free the 23.6.9 update, a different problem, parking assist unavailable. Appointment next week.

Update on my experience. Past 2 days, i parked in parking structures and the distance i was getting looked to be fairly accurate off of the walls. I suspect the distances are much more accurate if the cameras are facing large, flat perpendicular surfaces like walls. My driveway has a hedge on one side and its a hot mess when i need to park close to that side. and I have a single lane driveway, so the distances aren't so great when a car is parked behind me.

Reactions: glovelace
Picked up new MYLR w/o USS three days ago, Austin build. No park assist or software updates yet despite two evenings on WiFi, still on Ver. 2023.2.300. Have a service appointment next week, will check on status of software in general and Tesla Vision in particular. Autopilot turned on and has been working fine after several miles of calibration.

Have had no issues parking the old fashioned way, after 100 miles and a wide variety of parking situations. Low hood makes figuring distance to the front a little tricky, but fine so far. Great first experience backing into a space, guessed at the distance based on the backup camera view, and was 6 inches from the curb. Backup camera and mirrors made it really easy to center and stop at the right spot. Might try backing in at home, would save a few steps in plugging in the charger.

Loving the car!

ev4robert i would not recalibrate for now. I did this 2 times and i'm still geting the warning. Park assist never worked for me and i've had 2023.6.9 for about a week now. Tesla remotely checked my car and they say hardware is fine and i just have to drive more. So recalibrate might have reseted the cameras and might be the reason why i still get the warning. Autopilot is working fine though...
Try a long drive on the motorway - others here said it worked for them and it did for me.

I just got an updated text message from Tesla. In Summary I got the park assist unavailable error after the 23.6.9 update on March 23 and reported it to Tesla on March 26. First Tesla setup a mobile appointment, and then Changed it to an in-house appointment for April 12,2023. Just got a text message from Tesla stating my appointment needs to be changed to May 2, 2023 because the part ordered has not arrived yet. The part is a Windshield hardness I sent Tesla another text asking what does the windshield hardness has to do with the park assist unavailable error, just curious.

Last edited:
I just got an updated text message from Tesla. In Summary I got the park assist unavailable error after the 23.6.9 update on March 23 and reported it to Tesla on March 26. First Tesla setup a mobile appointment, and then Changed it to an in-house appointment for April 12,2023. Just got a text message from Tesla stating my appointment needs to be changed to May 2, 2023 because the part ordered has not arrived yet. The part is a Windshield hardness I sent Tesla another text asking what does the windshield hardness has to do with the park assist unavailable error, just curious.
Keep asking! From recent experience you need to be really precise in those service messages and don’t ask more than one question in each message.

Brand new MYP received today, updated to 2023.6.9 and also receiving 'Park Assist Unavailable'.

Looks to be no obvious solution in this thread?
It seems to go away shortly for some users after driving, some not. I am wondering if anyone with no USS and HW4 has working Vision parking yet. I updated to 2023.6.11.2 this morning and no longer see the unavailable message, but I also don't see Vision parking assist yet.

Brand new MYP received today, updated to 2023.6.9 and also receiving 'Park Assist Unavailable'.

Looks to be no obvious solution in this thread?
Raise a service request, there might be a HW issue. Don’t let mobile service engineer replace a side cam with a metal screwdriver! I now have badly scratched bodywork as a result. Hopefully being resprayed next week. Utterly ridiculous!

Raise a service request, there might be a HW issue. Don’t let mobile service engineer replace a side cam with a metal screwdriver! I now have badly scratched bodywork as a result. Hopefully being resprayed next week. Utterly ridiculous!

Before I do this, I'll actually go for a good drive, I've probably only done 20 miles since upgrading and that's not on good roads.

The Tesla service team virtually reviewed my car and gave me a call yesterday. This is a known issue and they expect soon to be released firmware updates will take care of it; they have suggested clearing the camera calibration which I have done and will see what happens as I drive around. I see that software updates 2023.6.11.1 and 2023.6.11.2 seem to have been released so hopefully I can get those soon

New Tesla, pickup Dec 2022, HW 3.5, and after 2023-6.11 update, park assist still does not work. Still holding onto my Tesla appointment to replace Windshield hardness. Tesla claims that is the problem with my model Y and the reason why park assist is not working. What frustrates me the most is I waited 3 weeks for the appointment, and three days before my appointment Tesla reschedules appointment for another 4 weeks because the part is not available.

New Tesla, pickup Dec 2022, HW 3.5, and after 2023-6.11 update, park assist still does not work. Still holding onto my Tesla appointment to replace Windshield hardness. Tesla claims that is the problem with my model Y and the reason why park assist is not working. What frustrates me the most is I waited 3 weeks for the appointment, and three days before my appointment Tesla reschedules appointment for another 4 weeks because the part is not available.
Not good. Log everything and take screenshots of all messages you send and receive in the app.

Back around the start of this month (April '23) I downloaded the software update providing park Assist and I commented above on my initial teething period of problems that seemed to be getting better. I postulated that hopefully over time the intelligence of the car would allow the performance of Park Assist to improve, but two weeks later I have concluded that that isn't going to happen without further software updates. My vehicle is a new 2023 YLR delivered at the end of January so it has no ultrasonic sensors and no radar. From my point of view I would characterize the performance of park assist as useful in unfamiliar parking situations that don't involve any very tight clearances. But as an aid to getting in and out of my garage with an 89 inch wide door it is worse than useless, unnecessarily demanding I stop whenever I try to exit my garage, giving me no meaningful guidance on the way in, and also demanding I stop before I drive forward to the point in my garage where I best like to stop. The softwrare alarms offer no means of fine tuning the allowed tolerances and so gives unhelpful alarms that would only tend to diminish the value of such alarms when they are really required. That said, I quite like the car, have no regrets buying it, and look forward to better software features to come. I bought the enhanced autopilot package so at some point I do expect something better to be coming for getting in and out of my garage. For me, it would be most helpful as I have only one good eye, and therefore lack the bifocal vision that gives people better depth perception that is impossible with only one eye. I nevertheless get by in my own garage judging distance as best I can to the near side of the car and knowing from experience what that implies for the side of the car more difficult to judge.